- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Sniper Capital (Hong Kong) Limited
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
Sniper Capital is an independent property investment manager based in Hong Kong. Founded in 2004, the company focuses on generating capital growth from property investment, development and redevelopment opportunities in the Asia Pacific region. We also have offices in Singapore and Macau. We are currently seeking motivated and energetic individuals to join us.
This position reports directly to the Head of Acquisition and Research of the Group with primary responsibility of valuing real estate investment opportunities, as well as conducting comprehensive market analysis and research. In additional, the candidate will provide support for due diligence procedures related to potential acquisitions, as well as assist with deal origination.
To conduct primary and secondary market research on behalf of the Group in order to:
- facilitate the sourcing and acquisitions of attractive property investment opportunities
- identify new potential areas/products for investment activity
- produce reports and presentations for management and marketing purposes
- Assist in performing comprehensive real estate valuations through comp and market analysis, economic, demographic, and market research, and due diligence on investment opportunities.
- Assist in sourcing, negotiating, and closing real estate acquisition opportunities.
- Create and/or review underwriting models for evaluation of direct investments and acquisition opportunities.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on all aspects relating to target investment areas.
- Produce market reports on regional, market and sector trends, and making recommendations on target investment opportunities.
- Perform research studies on important infrastructure developments, demographic trends and structural shifts with specific reference to their respective impact on property investment opportunities.
- Maintain quality information flow on market news, developments and opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of investment proposals including overall project assessment, feasibility studies, financial modelling of returns, cash flow projections and IRR’s for target opportunities and assist in verifying assumptions for financial models.
- Produce periodic reports for senior management to highlight key financial information as well as status of portfolio properties and pipelines.
- Liaise with real estate agencies, consultants and developers to keep abreast of market trends and to build up networking for identifying potential investment opportunities.
- Perform any other ad-hoc tasks that may reasonably be expected to be performed by this position.
- Bachelor degree or above from a reputable university in finance, economics, real estate or related disciplines.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or actively pursuing chartered status is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with 3-5 years of experience in real estate analysis, including real estate valuations, due diligence and market research.
- Experience in real estate projection acquisitions and development preferred.
- Financial modelling skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to travel occasionally.