Department: Investment Operations Region 1, Infrastructure Investment Department Job Type: Global Recruitment Posting Date: Feb. 13, 2023 Closing Date: Mar. 27, 2023 Investment Associate - Transport
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Infrastructure Investment Department is looking for Investment Associates with experience in the transport sector who will support Project Team Leads on project preparation, execution, and client relationship management for AIIB's transport sector operations. This will require close inter-departmental cooperation and collaboration. An individual with strong technical expertise, sound coordination skills, adaptable, ready to learn and support the success of financial transactions involving many parties. Responsibilities
- Conduct research on country economic and sectoral issues;
- Carry out economic and technical assessments of transport infrastructure projects;
- Review transport infrastructure feasibility studies;
- Support investment due diligence with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial and related technical, and legal issues are considered;
- Support the preparation of project documents used for approval; and
- Support the implementation and monitoring of investments.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with civil engineering, economics, geography, urban planning or related fields;
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience (with a Bachelor's degree) or 2-3 years of relevant work experience (with a Master's degree) in the field of transport economics, planning, engineering or related;
- Experience in the transport sector working with multilateral development banks, development organizations, consulting organizations and transport operating companies, particularly in South Asia, would be an advantage.
- Can understand and help prepare feasibility studies and economic analysis of transport infrastructure projects;
- Bankground knowledge of project financing;
- Experience in the conduct of economic analysis of projects, (modelling skills will be an advantage.);
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities and experience working with multicultural teams;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.