About the job
The Korea focused investment consultant is based in Hong Kong to handle client servicing from investment technical, analytical and operational aspects and provide high quality advisory and investment solution services in English and Korean.
Investment consultant is also responsible for supporting senior consultants in delivery of client work and supporting business development activities. Proactive approach at supporting business development and client deliveries for existing and prospective clients by working with global and regional colleagues in Mercer.
- Act as a client service manager for Korean investment clients across advisory and investment solutions.
- Cover client enquiries from investment technical and operational aspects by handling with specialists in various regions.
- Ensure high quality investment deliverables.
- Have project management responsibilities appropriate for this role. This will cover traditional as well as alternative investments, for one-off projects as well as nurturing ongoing relationships.
- Coordinate the project process by effectively communicating/organizing with internal professionals.
- Work with guidance from senior team members on investment related analysis, utilizing historical performance databases and in-house capital asset models to develop investment advice on client’s long-term investment objectives.
- Balance work requirements, client demand with self-study for professional qualifications supported by Mercer.
- Handle client queries and requirements in Korean and support senior colleagues on delivery.
Business Development Support
- Support business development process across preparing decks, proposals and service materials.
- Produce written material on Mercer Investment capabilities and service offering with support by senior professionals.
- Cover client reports and advice with support from senior colleagues, including conducting investment performance analytics, manager reviews and manager selection work, asset-liability modelling and strategic asset allocation exercises. The type of advice you can deliver would be subject to HK SFC requirements.
- Contribute to Mercer’s business strategy through developing new skills to deliver projects to enhance financial education and developing retirement planning ideas and concepts.
- Receive instructions from team members and interpret them accurately to produce the desired outcome or output.
- Direct junior colleagues in carrying out different research and analytics, as part of forming Mercer’s local views on issues that our clients will be interested in.
- Degree qualified and/or post graduate qualification. Good academic track record in numerical subjects such as Economics, Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/Management/Behavioral), Data Engineering and related field.
- Has 5~10 years of proven working experiences in the investment industry such as client service, investment strategy, advisory, portfolio management, product developments, research/quant analysis and onboarding etc.
- Good track record for servicing Korean asset owners and financial institutions etc.
- Experience for analytical coverage and dealing with various investment products.
- Familiar with global firm’s environment by independently and proactively working with high responsibilities and actively participating for team work.
- Can demonstrate strong communication, analytical, presentation and technical skills and interest in developing those skills further. Ability to articulate complex information, within parameters of your role and level, in layman and concise ways.
- Interested in a consulting career and interest in investing demonstrated to running of own portfolio or knowledge of current market events and what it means to investing.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients from all backgrounds.
- Have strong self-initiative and curiosity in financial services, self-motivated to seek out knowledge, test ideas and ways to contribute to the team.
- Strong personal management in order to plan ahead for foreseeable tasks, and understand own capacity for unforeseeable tasks.
- Ability to think analytically and interpret information related to investment products.
- Attention to detail whether to analysis, look-and-feel of written material.
- Proactive approach at work in expressing new ideas, suggestions, offering and receiving feedback.
- Good command on MS Office applications (MS-Excel, MS-Word, Outlook). Strong IT skills and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Language requirements: Strong communication skills in Korean and English, both written and verbal. Cantonese and Mandarin would be an added benefit.
- Have completed or are close to completing professional exams in either actuarial or CFA qualifications, or similar qualifications relating to investment/asset management.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh provides data driven risk advisory services and insurance solutions to commercial and consumer clients. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients.