Responsible for the delivery of APAC operational services relating to Transaction Management processes covering equities and public fixed income products
Working closely with both internal partners (trading, portfolio management, compliance, counterparty management etc.) and relevant external parties
Performing all aspects of equities and fixed income post execution processing, ensuring that effective processes and controls are in place.
• Focus on accurate and timely transaction processing of Equities and Public Fixed Income products, ensuring tasks are prioritized accordingly to meet processing deadlines
• Work closely with front office and business partners to provide daily operational support included but not limited to trade capture, trade matching and confirmation, settlements, failed trade management, claims management, transfers in kind, cancel/correct processing and reconciliation
• Act as a subject matter expert on firm’s operational workflows and processes for equities and fixed income including liaison with Manager of Transaction Management in relation to any enhancements to Aladdin to support new business initiatives.
• Assist Manager of Transaction Management with any Regulatory Change projects impacting Public Fixed Income products and Equities e.g. Shorten Settlement Cycle initiative
• Take responsibility and provide proactive communication while troubleshooting and resolving issues related to equities and public fixed income trade capture, trade matching, confirmation, settlements and trade related claims.
• Identify risk issues and use good judgement in communicating issues to management attention and escalating matters when warranted
• Develop strong client relationships and partner with front office and IT to realize the full potential of operational workflows
• Actively ensure upward and downward communication of developments and issues Qualifications And Skills
• Full understanding of different types of products and processing requirements for equities, corporate bonds, treasuries, ABS, CMOs.
• Understanding of the lifecycle of the trade from execution to settlement • Solid understanding of operational risks and controls
• Knowledge of connectivity protocols is a plus
• Knowledge of Order Management Systems, in particular Aladdin
• Analytical ability to evaluate the root causes of the problems and aptitude to understand complex workflows
• Able to manage heavy workload, understand urgency, multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
• Strong teamwork ethic whilst also having the ability to function without explicit direction, challenge yourself to learn new things and continually improve
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• 5+ years’ experience in financial services
• Recent and relevant experience in Trade Operations
• Strong knowledge of equities and fixed income products
• Solid understanding of post execution processing protocols