Investment Counselor (VP)
The Investment Counselor Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness.There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.The Private Bank at Citi (CPB) is part of the Institutional Clients Group and offers a wide range of products and solutions, including investment strategies, banking and lending, trust and specialized services.The Private Bank delivers solutions to help meet the individual, family and business needs of over 10,000 ultra-high net worth clients around the world. The Private Bank is focused on clients with a minimum net worth of $25mm and serves 40% of the world's billionaires and their families. Responsibilities:
- Investment Counselors joining Citi Private Bank will be distinguished and highly accomplished at establishing, growing and managing investment relationships with ultra-high net worth clients.They should be experienced in the implementation and oversight of investment solutions, and in providing advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Appropriate candidates will possess the credibility to cultivate trusting relationships with existing ultra-high net worth clients of Citi Private Bank, and should be entrepreneurial and capable of bringing in new clients/investment relationships. Candidates for the position should be collaborative and team oriented, able to leverage a wide array of internal partners.
- An individual in this role will be expected to:
- Function as the primary client contact and trusted investment advisor for clients, including direct selling , determining suitability, identifying product specific opportunities, portfolio advice and after sales execution (in partnership with the Banker team)
- Leverage existing client relationships, local network and investment experience to introduce new ultra-high net worth clients to Citi Private Bank.
- Build and manage a successful practice centered on deepening relationships by providing potential and existing clients with appropriate investment advice and solutions.
- Combine in depth knowledge of traditional and alternative investments with wealth planning and private banking services to optimize client service and cross-marketing opportunities.
- Work across currencies, asset classes, markets and jurisdictions
- Engage and advise clients on brokerage activity and execute trades seamlessly.
- Actively look for cross sell opportunities in others areas of the bank, in particular lending, trust and institutional markets solutions, etc.
- Partner with Bankers to prospect for new investment business
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Robust experience in providing investment advice and solutions.
- Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources. Exercises wide degree of latitude and discretion.
- US Only: S7, S66 (or 63), S3; NOTE: Securities Industry Exam (SIE is a prerequisite to the S7)
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
Investment Counselor Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting