Investments Lab Team Head North Asia (Director)
The Global Investment Lab (GIL) is an integral part of the Citi Global Wealth (CGW) Investments organization dedicated to delivering comprehensive and highly customized analytics and investment strategies with specific actionable solutions for Ultra-High-Net-Worth and Family office relationships.Reporting into the Head of the Global Investment Lab for Asia, the North Asia Team Head position is responsible for managing a team of analysts to present customized investment recommendations for Citi Private Banks' clients in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan, enabling sales and enhancing the bank's revenue generating efforts.
Our holistic consultative sales process is designed to create sophisticated implementation plans drawing on the best global thinking and customizing it to the needs of the end client for their particular situation.The strategy adopted by the group is based upon strong teamwork globally and a highly supportive and inclusive attitude towards other colleagues in CGW and across Citi.The team conducts bespoke strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization and construction, risk identification, fund and capital market strategies, and statistical modeling. The role has to be able to communicate investment concepts to clients in a clear and easy to follow manner.
The position is expected
- To facilitate client analyses by collaborating with the bankers and Investment Counsellors to identify issues and establish the right approach for the analysis. He/she will design custom asset allocation, know our "focus list" managers and key products, and communicate clearly to a client the CGW Investment views and how to apply them to the client's portfolio.
- To proactively make the sales force aware of the Lab's capabilities and help them in identifying client analytical opportunities. The team is responsible for three key areas:
- Client Analytics (provision of client-specific analytics and recommendations based upon clients' needs and portfolio holdings, covering assets and liabilities) to UHNW/Family Office clients of Citi Private Bank.
- Product Strategy (Articulation of global and regional themes, positioning our solutions offering and strategy development) across all wealth segments.
- Business Management (Identifying opportunities for the covered wealth segment through analysis of the book of business, clients' portfolios and markets or product trends)
- To Identify specific client and business needs in the context of prevalent market dynamics and create solutions and thereafter scale the solution across marketing teams, the APAC region and where appropriate globally.
- A strong focus on controls to ensure that advise delivered is appropriate and measured in the context of the clients individual circumstances, follows relevant internal processes applicable in the design and construction process, and then delivered in accordance with all rules of engagement applicable when operating across multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- To suit a proactive and energetic individual with a strategic vision, an analytical mindset and the ability to manage a team as well as his/her time around business priorities and execute the strategy of the Lab in North Asia.The opportunities for skill-set growth are high because of the wide range of subjects covered.
- Hire, train, develop and manage on a day to day a team which is highly skilled in conducting client portfolio analyses, portfolio construction and risk management
- Partner with Capital Markets, Managed Investments Product teams, the Investment Strategy Teams and other Lab colleagues regionally and globally to devise Thematic pieces attuned to current market views of CGWI.
- Proactively develop a strong work relationship with Global Market Managers (GMM's), Banker Team Heads, IC Heads and Investment counselors to help the North Asia business achieve investment goals.
- Lead the team in ongoing analytical tool development both internally and in partnership with third party providers of analytics.
Analysis & Advice
- Design customized strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies for clients' portfolios using proprietary models and tools. Comprehensive investment strategies may be multi-asset class or within a single asset class and can incorporate a client's total balance sheet and cash flow needs, including their philanthropy goals as well as their generational transfer requirements.
- Perform in-depth analysis on individual investment products, strategies, and portfolios across asset classes.
- Perform statistical modeling across asset classes.
- Collaborate with Private Bankers and Investment Counselors to develop objective, actionable proposals to clients.
- Present and discuss portfolio analysis and investment proposals both with the Sales teams and directly with UHNW clients and their family offices.Discuss and educate others - internally and externally - in work topics openly and confidently.
- Consistent work towards developing innovative solutions, tools and frameworks for global Investments organization.
- Help to develop and position relevant CGW global and regional investment themes to the covered segment.
- Identify analytical opportunities for covered client segment via analysis of the book of business and markets/product trends
- Inclusive investment and portfolio positioning and/or research, liaising with regional and global counterparts across CGW and Citi as a whole.
- Participate in the development, education and rollout of global initiatives, analytical capabilities and methods.
- Consistently follow and operate within regulatory policies.
- Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the Lab and the Wealth Industry along with an ability to evaluate and understand analytical capabilities of the competition in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level and also to explain analytical findings and recommendations to clients with a varying degree of Investment Sophistication.
- Knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation techniques, portfolio simulation, risk analytics, financial markets and investment strategies
- Solid knowledge of Capital Markets and Managed Investment products including derivatives and alternative investments
- Familiarity with financial modelling (including Monte Carlo simulation, optimization, and regression) and statistical analysis tools
- Soft skills include a can-do attitude, sense of ownership and a team-player approach.
- A seasoned Investment Professional with approx. 15 years of expertise in Asset Allocation, Portfolio Construction and Risk Management on the Buy Side or in Wealth Management/Private Banking.
- Past experience in managing a high performing team
- Fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
Job Family Group:
- Working knowledge of Python/Matlab/R would be advantageous.
- CFA Designation or Progress towards the same.
- Knowledge of Credit Products and its utilization in the portfolio construction process balancing risks Vs. rewards.
- Education: BA or BS and beyond.
- Travel: up to 25%
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
Investment Analytics Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting