Java Software Engineer
Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms. Founded in 2007, we have over 100 employees across three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney, and Shanghai. Our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets and although we mainly specialise in equity derivatives, we also trade delta one, ETFs, commodity derivatives, and crypto currency products. Technology is inextricably linked to our trading strategies, creating an environment powered by intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and innovation.
Due to organic growth, we are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our Trading Systems Development team which is responsible for Eclipse Trading's in-house derivatives trading system, spanning order execution, derivative pricing, risk management, and P&L.
- Build the next generation of our trading system through a combination of green-field development with modern technologies and refactoring of existing code bases
- Drive key projects from inception to analysis, design, implementation and delivery
- Partner closely with traders, quants and other development teams
- Design and implement solutions to manage orders and trades, price derivatives, and manage risk
- Provide feedback through design and code reviews
- Provide Tier 3 support as needed
What you offer
- Excellent core Java design and development skills
- 4 - 7 years of development experience in building scalable distributed, event-driven systems
- Ability to design, extend and maintain well-factored, efficient, production quality Java applications and libraries
- Focus on automated testing, code reviews, and software engineering best practices
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- Work life balance within a multi-cultural environment
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.