We are a mid-size inter-dealer broker of financial products for global financial institutions and professional investors. We are also a boutique investment bank with focus on capital markets and M&A. Our global firm has offices in London, Tokyo and Dubai in addition to Hong Kong, working together as a close-knit, transparent organization. We are looking for a dynamic junior legal counsel to join our Legal and Compliance Division, working with senior in-house lawyers in Hong Kong and London.
What we offer:
- Exposure to the ever-evolving legal and compliance aspects of the industry in Hong Kong and globally.
- Exposure to cross-border transactions and ranges of financial and investment banking products.
- Opportunity to work alongside experts in the finance industry from leading investment banks and financial institutions.
- A global, inclusive, open-minded and professional culture.
As part of a growing, global firm, you will report to our Head of Legal & Compliance – Asia. Together with our teammates, you will provide legal support on day-to-day tasks such as:
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Transaction structuring, documentation and deal execution support.
- Advising on commercial, regulatory and employment law; liaising with external counsel.
- Advising on regulatory changes in Hong Kong and overseas, and participating in developing/updating internal policies and guidelines.
- Handling employment and other legal and regulatory matters that come our way.
What we expect:
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong degree in law in Hong Kong or other common law jurisdictions
- At least 1-3 years PQE, with a strong background in corporate/commercial work
- Experience in financial services preferred but not a must; in-house experience a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Highly motivated and strong sense of professionalism and ethics
- Interest in financial markets, and interaction between law and economics in wholesale financial markets
If you are bright, articulate, and curious to see if this role is right for you, let us talk.