Selby Jennings is a leading specialist recruitment firm for banking and financial services. For more than 15 years, we have given professionals peace of mind that the recruitment journey is in expert hands. Our continual investment in best-in-class technologies and consultant training enables us to match candidates and world-leading companies with speed, precision, and accuracy. Today, Selby Jennings operates all over the world to help professionals re-imagine their careers, globally.
A top leading international financial institution providing extensive services in corporate banking, wealth management, asset management, and insurance to clients worldwide is currently seeking an adaptable and client-oriented individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills. This individual will join the Client Management team as an KYC Officer to carry out client on-boarding functions and conduct KYC/ CDD reviews.
The objective is to ensure a global and consistent "first service" is provided to the clients and be the sole interface for standard sensitive accounts. Focus on 3 areas: on-boarding, coordination of the Risk, Legal and Systems processes and production of the legal documentation, and KYC functions. The team works closely with major functions as well as Front Office/ Markets.
- Perform KYC checks and ensure relevant documents are received before account opening
- Approve KYC for new client on-boarding for standard sensitive accounts (ie. Non-high risk clients)
- Perform detailed check on New Account Documentation for all clients
- Conduct periodic KYC/ CDD review on existing clients
- Assist Front Office on projects related to client on boarding and due diligence process
- Prepare reports on account documentation irregularities and monthly statistics for management review
- Support implementation of operational control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
- Report all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Devise and implement regular controls to minimize operational failure and the risk of fraud
- Provide feedback and escalation of issues to the appropriate functions and management
- Support the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with procedure updates
- Conduct client risk assessments, client profiles checks, and due diligence analyses
- Client-oriented, adaptable, and open to change
- Team player, independent, hardworking, eager to learn and attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with unclear and/ or high volumes of requests
- Bachelor's level degree or professional qualification and 3+ years of relevant working experience; Wealth Management KYC/CDD background is an advantage, commercial banking KYC/CDD related experience will also be considered
- Strong understanding of account documentation, due diligence and local AML requirements
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), good command in Mandarin is an advantage
- Strong fundamental and technical skills, awareness of operational risk
- Strong skills in EXCEL and knowledge in ACCESS would be an advantage