Korea Marketing Analyst (Contract)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a Marketing Analyst to support our Intermediary and Institutional businesses. The ideal candidate will be an effective and dynamic marketing professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who wants to learn and grow his/her career in the financial services industry. This person will report to the Vice President, Channel Marketing Manager, and will be part of PIMCO's Asia ex Japan marketing team. The Marketing Analyst will partner primarily with stakeholders within Marketing and Account Management, to execute marketing programs that support PIMCO's broad range of strategies.
This role is a 1-year (renewable) contract position based in Hong Kong.
The Marketing Analyst will work with Channel Marketing Managers to understand business objectives and needs of the respective client segments and execute on the deliverables in the strategic marketing plan. The Marketing Analyst will split his/her time between supporting the Korea business and the Hong Kong/Singapore Global Wealth Management (GWM) business. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to, providing support in marketing campaign execution, managing client email distributions and maintaining the suite of marketing collateral. Specific responsibilities for the Korean market include but are not limited to, localizing print and digital marketing collateral, including reviewing Korean translations, assisting in client marketing requests or activities, and liaising with external partners in Korea.
The ideal candidate will possess strong project management and organizational skills, a demonstrated interest and experience in partnering with various business functions in addition to having some marketing expertise within the financial services industry.
This role will also require working with members of the APAC and Global Marketing Team. He/she will work closely with multiple stakeholders, including compliance, client-facing teams, investment professionals, as well as manage external vendors, where applicable.
• Localize marketing collateral intended for the Korean market, including reviewing Korean translations and developing formats appropriate for that market; examples of marketing collateral include thought leadership content, fund factsheets, fund commentaries, fund flyers/brochures, webcasts/videos, website content and client communications
• Assist in executing channel marketing programs and client requests or client marketing activities for the Korean market, to educate, drive familiarity, and facilitate client engagement
• Update the suite of marketing collateral in English and Korean and manage the email distribution for regular client communication, such as fund commentaries, newsletters etc.
• Support the management of external vendors, where necessary, in the production and execution of multimedia and other client marketing campaigns
• Assist with PIMCO events and external industry conferences held in Korea, where needed, including liaising with external vendors, managing invitations and registrations, and providing on-site support. Travelling may be necessary to support events
• Gather and analyze metrics for marketing-related activities, assist in preparing campaign and post-event reports, manage stakeholder reporting, and deliver actionable recommendations based on findings where required
• Manage local Korean media relations/media requests in collaboration with the Head of Corporate Communications APAC, where applicable or necessary
• Assist with other marketing projects and activities to support the business as required Position Requirements: Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Finance or business-related disciplines
- 2 to 3 years' marketing experience in the financial services industry, preferably in intermediary/wholesale or institutional marketing in the asset management industry in Asia, particularly South Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Native proficiency in spoken and written Korean, and professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Understanding of financial markets with proven ability to communicate financial concepts verbally and in writing, ideally in both Korean and English
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Attention to details
• Ability to manage and prioritize work volume
• Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multi-faceted initiatives, including regular, routine tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills; heavy emphasis on communication skills
• Independent problem-solving skills
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com