The Bank of East Asia, Limited ("BEA") is Hong Kong’s largest independent local bank with 48 branches, 42 SupremeGold Centres, and 3 i-Financial Centres throughout the city. Overseas, BEA has established a presence in Southeast Asia, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Worldwide, including Hong Kong and the rest of Greater China, BEA operates around 130 outlets and employs approximately 8,000 people. We invite you to become part of our team and to pursue a bright and exciting future.
Lead Advanced Analytics Manager - Data Science & Governance (Job Code: 4343)
- Assist Section Head to implement data and analytics strategy.
- Drive artificial intelligence / machine learning (AI/ML) models adoption in business decision and operation optimization.
- Provide in-depth analysis with advanced customer analytics and big data technology by using internal and external data.
- Establish strong relationships with all stakeholders and ensure work is prioritized according to business need and opportunity
- Lead subordinates to solve business problems using broad spectrum of data science modelling and visualization techniques
- Work closely with business sponsors to identify opportunities, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns; and
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors on project planning and execution
- Establish artificial intelligence / machine learning (AI/ML) model development / operation practice
- Integrate big data technology including AI/ML models into sales and business processes to continuously enhance sales lead quality; and
- Explore and adopt leading-edge analytical tools and approaches to uplift effectiveness of analytics and modeling; and
- Use of customer data, including structured and unstructured data, internal and external data, to identify business / cost saving opportunities to support business units; and
- Ensure all procedures are in compliance with all policies, rules, guidelines, requirements prescribed by regulators as well as the Ban
- University graduate in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Decision Science, Data Science or in relevant disciplines;
- Minimum 10 years working experience in Data Science / Business Analytics from recognized establishments in financial services and/or Fintech related industries with the following attributes:
- Strong knowledge on statistical, data modeling, data science, machine learning and analytics techniques
- Strong knowledge on data management and analyst
- Strong knowledge on data preparation (e.g. SQL) and data product development
- Strong knowledge on data visualization using Tableau or similar visualization tools.
- Experience of having solved complex analytical and technical problems
- Experience in cloud environment (e.g. GCP, AWS, etc)
- Experience in database such as Teradata or similar technology
- Experience in managing large scale projects is an advantage
- Result oriented and able to deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
Please apply online via the BEA Careers website at https://careers.hkbea.com/psp/hcmprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=UFOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=4343&PostingSeq=1 or by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. Kindly note that if you are a new user, you have to first create your User Profile before you can apply.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be treated in accordance with the Bank's Personal Data Policy, which is available upon request. Applicants who are not invited for interviews within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the personal data collected will be destroyed after six months