Lead Business Analyst - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Lead Business Analyst . Principal responsibilities
- Work closely with the Commercial Banking, eCommerce business stakeholders to ensure alignment with their design vision and investment strategy.
- Lead, facilitate and chair solution design meetings and follow up with team members as required to focus on business and operational issues or technical issues, documenting all design issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress. Provide input to Project or Programme Manager for Steering Committee Meeting.
- Analyze business requirements for development or implementation projects and translate into system requirements.
- Identify, evaluate, and design HSBC compliant solutions for business consideration and undertake impact analysis of proposed solutions.
- Provide consultancy to business and act as a subject matter expert for specific business areas.
- Coordinate with business users, architects and IT teams to ensure that applications are built according to requirements, effectively tested and successfully deployed.
- Maintain solution scope and requirements through proper change management process, and liaise with stakeholders on change request prioritization.
- Respond promptly to any queries and issues raised by the Principal Relationship Manager or their business partners.
- Facilitate and provide knowledge transfer on applications and business processes to production support teams through documentation or training sessions.
- Ensure that problems are managed at his or her level, and escalated efficiently with the minimum disruption to the business.
- Maintain good exposure and develop knowledge in new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards.
- Develop a good level of understanding of the related business systems of the Group.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions, internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline.
- Solid work experience in the financial industry, of which experience are gained in system development, implementation, business process reengineering, system integration or operation support
- Proven track record in delivering complex digital projects and with indepth experience including KYC review and compliance
- Possess knowledge of the regulation affecting the digital solutions deployment such as Customer Data Capture, Digital Signature
- Experience to liaise with all relevant parties with internal IT communities and work with senior business stakeholders including supporting function.
- Strong Leadership skill to drive the business forward, managing matrix project teams both regionally and globally, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on an individual basis.
- Solid project management skills in initiation, analysis, design, test and transition, PMP and Agile SCRUM certification would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with the HSBC standards and processes like Agile would be useful.
- Good understanding of IT systems functioning in general. Exposure to new technologies such as AWS or Google cloud technologies would be an advantage.
- Commercial acumen and good risk management or mitigation skills.
- Effective communication skills in spoken and written English.
- With a positive, proactive and can do attitude.
- Willing to travel overseas and Mainland China when required.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.