The Role Responsibilities
This is a senior role in the Development team under Technology, and Innovation, HK, responsible to design, develop and implement quality IT solution on Core Banking domains for Retails and Corporate business for HK. Responsibilities
- Key responsibility is to play the Solution Architect and Key Developer role to support Core Banking applications.
- Work with Product Owner, Business users, Business Analyst, and other senior technology stakeholders to translate the business requirements to technical solutions.
- Develop, and/or lead team to develop and implement the technical solution to production, as per the Group software framework and policies.
- Provide consultancy and technical support to business, production support teams, on core banking applications issues / incidents and queries
- Manage and coach a team of tech developers.
- Ensure the technical solution are implemented in good quality, with minimize risks and issues
- Report and escalate to management for any issues / risks identified during project development.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role, with focus on Hong Kong market.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates with focus on Hong Kong.
People & Talent
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software solution under core banking application.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to core banking applications.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Play a techno functional role.
- Be an active and contributing team player in the agile squads and larger team.
- Participate in the people engagement activities of the unit and organization.
- Train new joiners and other members of the team on the area of expertise.
- For see any risk that might arise in the project and escalate proactively to management.
- Every solution proposed must be in line with organization guideline such that no risk arises for the unit / clients / organization.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Must ensure absolute adherence to the organization and group policies.
- Adhere to the technology and bank governance process in every project is handled.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the HK core banking application team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Product Owner, Country business user, business analyst, Ops and other technology team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Hong Kong core banking application team.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Strong technical knowledge CICS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, and mainframe development related tools. Ideally, development experience on Hogan-IDS core banking application experience is preferred.
- Familiar with the HK banking business, on payment solution including Faster payment System, RTGS etc are an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in mainframe applications development and/or production supports in the Banking and Financial sectors.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and analytical in problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, on technical discussion, with business and technology partners of the bank.
- Team player, fast learner, self-initiative and reliable.
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
About Standard Chartered
- Agile Development
- Requirement Analysis
- Software Change Request Management
- Software Development
- Software Product Technical Knowledge
- Technical Troubleshooting
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers