Lead Network Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
A dynamic individual to be part of the Network Solution and Delivery team under Technology Infrastructure department to work on Network Infrastructure project implementation in one of the bank key Global data center, enhancing the bank capability, resiliency and availability in providing service to bank's business.
The key challenge is to manage and lead technical network delivery against stakeholder requirements in dynamic environment with a high rate of growth and tight timeline.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Report to Network Project Delivery - Data lead
- Lead a group of network engineer with responsibility for end to end quality delivery of assigned network project ensuring adherence to Network engineering standard and the subsequent handover to Operation team.
- Responsible to provide consistent and on time update on assigned network project task in coordination with Project Manager and application support team
- Responsible to resolve issues related to assigned network project in all project life cycle (initiation, build, migration and handover)
- Responsible to provide support required in resolving issues/risk and dependency of assigned project in coordination with other stakeholders for both technical and non-technical issue
- Ensures assigned network project tasks are delivered on time, on budget against agreed scope
- Responsible to highlight and provide resolution to risk and issues related to assigned network project
- Responsible to ensure projects solution are in line with approved standard and meets the required outcome from stakeholder.
- Provide consultancy and advisory services to business, system developer and technology stakeholders for any matter related to assigned project working together with engineering team and project lead.
- Escalation point for all technical matter relating to assigned project in all phases of the project
- Delivers high quality solutions for the bank on both internal & external connectivity requirements.
- Interfacing with engineering and stakeholder team balancing conformance to engineering standard against project requirement.
- Develop a center of excellence within Network Design and Delivery function
- Develop influential and trustworthy working relationships with other technology and business peers to achieve performance objectives. This should be aimed at improving team efficiency in performing their work.
- Value - add to various technology streams by timely and proper engagement and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Develops relationships with IT vendors and partners for the benefit of the bank and business.
- Undertake continuous improvement for the current Network Infrastructure
- Preferably possess a valid Expert level in Cisco product on both data and security track such as, CCIE certification
- Working experience in Cisco ACI technology such as multi-pod, EPG, contract, L3Out, etc
- Strong knowledge in Routing and Switching technology such as BGP, OSPF, VPC, VXLAN, DMVPN, Multicast, Wireless, RSTP, MSTP
- Strong knowledge on routing and switching products across different product vendors
- Knowledge in WAN technology such as MPLS, Ethernet WAN, PBB
- Knowledge in Wireless technology and product such as WLC
- Knowledge in Network Security technology and product such as firewall, load balancer, proxies, and VPN across different vendors
- Strong practical experience in end to end management and execution of network project infrastructure preferably in banking environment.
- Working knowledge of:
- Routers: Cisco ISR and Cisco ASR routers
- Network switches: Cisco Catalyst/Nexus switches, Juniper EX Switches
- Wireless: Aruba, Cisco
- Firewalls: Fortigate, Juniper, Cisco
- Load balancer: F5 LTM/GTM
- Banking application and middleware system
- Working experience with Market Data systems such as Reuters, Bloomberg, EBS, ECN's and Exchange connectivity.
- Working experience on card and payment system such as Mastercard, visa, China Union Pay, ATM, NETS etc.
- Understanding of banking Internet business solutions such as online banking system
- Experience with terminal servers, Citrix, DNS, VPN's, proxies and encryption devices
- Significant practical experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues across firewall/Load Balancer or proxy
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills within technology community.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skill applying creativity, innovation and thinking out of the box approach when dealing with challenges.
- Able to work under high pressure in a challenging environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.