Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance.
Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Lead Solution Architect
. Principal Responsibilities
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions with consideration of functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure, performance, IT strategy, standards, etc
- Perform architecture impact assessment, design the end-to-end solution architecture and guide development team in implementing the proposed solutions
- Work closely with enterprise architect and design authority to promote the target state architecture and describe the architecture roadmap for migration of legacy systems
- Manage the architectural governance process and review the architecture according to governance standards and processes. Ensure that architecture deliverables are compliant with the stated requirements, approved technologies, best practices and group strategies
- Maintain awareness of architecture risks and technical debts and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and controls, loss identification and reporting in accordance with group IT policies
- Recommend solutions and technologies for the improved use of IT solutions and applications within the context of the wider enterprise architecture to deliver commercially sound and innovative ways of addressing new and existing business challenges
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Role relevant qualifications, A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, excellent documentation skills, and a good command in spoken and written English
- Demonstrable architecture experience in Finance and Banking Industry, Retail and Personal Banking business is preferred
- Working experience in end-to-end solution architecture design of international customer onboarding and servicing, foreign exchange, payment & transfer, cross-border personal banking services; experience in credit and debit cards for retail customers is a plus
- Proven track record in pragmatic solution, technology and enterprise architecture design & governance preferable in financial sector, and awareness of architectural best practices
- Strong reasoning, analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as cloud, wallet, contactless & QR Code, API, micro-service, web technologies, and Digital
- Strong team player to work with business and IT stakeholders in regional and global teams
- Self-motivated and ability in working under pressure in matrix team structure
- Able to work flexible hours and willingness to travel
- Working experience in DevOps and Agile software development techniques
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.