Lead Solution Architect - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Lead Solution Architect
. Principal responsibilities
- Participate in database design and implementation of new database solutions and models to support both operational and analytics requirement for HK Core Banking
- Work closely with Core Banking Enterprise Data Architect to align design of the new HK Core Banking data model with the global model
- Support required data architecture governance process for the new data models
- Overall manage and drive adoption of Group's data architecture governance process for all data projects in HK Core Banking
- Learn and support adoption of cloud platform for ongoing data projects in HK Core Banking
- Ensure a high quality and robustness of HSBC IT systems
- Deliver IT projects in good quality accordingly to project schedule and within budget
- Maintain close communication with business users and IT teams and coordinate IT related stakeholder activities
- Ensure system complies with group policies and standards
- Review procedures and code for quality control purposes and ensure proper reconciliation
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with major in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience in IT software development and database design experiences, focused in technology delivery and project delivery
- Experience on COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, Java and the zSeries platform would be an advantage
- Solid domain knowledge and experience in Core Banking would be an advantage
- Experience in Core Banking data migration and Cloud Data management would be an advantage
- Sound appreciation of DevOps and Agile development
- Strong business sense with good understanding in how IT systems and data support business objectives
- Strong analytical, design and problem solving skills in troubleshooting databases structure and functions
- Demonstrate persistence and detail oriented manner
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with good command of written and spoken English
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.