Lead Technical Architect - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Lead Architect
. Principal responsibilities
- To deliver Architecture and Designs to meet the business requirements of RBWM IT Insurance
- To critically review and approve all infrastructure designs for RBWM IT Insurance ensuring designs meet the architecture strategy and the overall enterprise infrastructure strategy.
- Contributes to the management and optimisation of the portfolio of infrastructure for each business unit, driving operational improvement and cost efficiencies.
- Delivering new IT services, exploiting current infrastructure technologies
- Migrating applications to IaaS or PaaS platforms on internal and external cloud.
- Driving a greater utilization of virtualisation and lower cost storage
- Migrating away from non strategic technology platforms
- Optimising data backup and retention policies
- Reducing the number of end user devices.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing senior stakeholders, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
- Cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azurem Mulesoft, App Dynamics, Google GCP, APIs
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes,
- Java or Java GUI, XML or XSLT, HTML or Java Script
- Databases such as Oracle ,Oracle RAC, and MS SQL, VCS and MSCS, Sybase, Apache Hadoop and Hbase, MongoDB
- Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins, GitHub and Nexus
- Infrastructure as Code
- Passion for technology and understanding how things work
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.