Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Legal Department
Our legal function comprises legal counsels and executives of high caliber, with their respective expertise. We work as a team, with a mission to provide legal services of the highest professional standards to:
- Facilitate the business by giving proactive, commercial and creative advice.
- Manage legal risk; and
- Protect the integrity and reputation of the Bank
We function as trusted legal advisers to our management and the business and other support functions that we serve. Should you join our function, you will be part of a global team, with the relevant know-how support and gain exposure to a variety of financial services and products.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Legal Manager. Principal responsibilities
The role will involve the provision of legal support in the Bank's insurance products (Life Insurance and General Insurance Products) from both manufacturer's and distributor's perspective. The incumbent will also support General Counsel in managing insurance related legal risks, in particular:
- Provide counsel and legal support on insurance products and issues.
- Drafting, negotiate and execute insurance product documentation.
- Working closely with business stakeholders, the incumbent provides support across business strategy, product approvals, regulatory and governance matters.
- Evaluating and responding to change in legal and regulatory requirements as they arise.
- Managing legal risks within the Bank's businesses and operations in compliance with the Bank's policy and other Group related policy and assisting the General Counsel in managing RBWM insurance related legal risks.
- Qualified lawyer with relevant post qualification experience over 5 years
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in own industry sector
- Ability to handle a diverse range of issues
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Lateral thinking/problem solving
- Stamina and ability to work under pressure
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.