The Loan Agency Intermediate Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- This role is involved in providing day-to-day Collateral management which may include booking cash transactions and making payments, inputting general ledger entries and (complex) calculations
- In addition, the role will occasionally require interaction with other counterparties around positions and outstanding balances/claims
- Integrates a solid understanding of industry and business standards and practices of loan agency processes
- Applies professional judgment, analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies to make recommendations to senior management to support process improvement
- Deals with most loan related problems independently and has some latitude to resolve complex issues
- Day-to-day focus is on resolution of complex loan issues, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes
- Applies judgment when interpreting data, preparing reports, and presents findings to management
- Makes resolution recommendations based on identified trends and facts
- Designs and analyzes complex reports often related, but not limited to loan agency processes to satisfy management requirements and support/control activities
- Participates in, and supports the implementation of, projects as assigned, applies project management skills to support initiatives
- Interprets data and makes recommendations for the launch of new products/ services and upgraded platforms that loan agency functions.
- Demonstrates a understanding of the loan agency processes to identify policy gaps and formulate policies to support the streamlining of related work processes
- Minimizes risk to the bank through a solid understanding of procedural requirements - provides solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Timely management, escalation and resolution of all inquiries and issues related to loan agency
- Applies a solid understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub-unit, and the wider Operations group
- Provides informal guidance and/or on-the-job-training to new team members
- Has direct interaction with external customers to disseminate or explain information
- Individuals at this level usually have full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and may also be considered analytical or procedural experts, representing a unit or team on cross-functional processes or project deliverables at a broader level
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 4-6 years relevant industry experience.
- Utilizes advanced communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues, management and internal/external clients, in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information in a concise and logical way
- Individuals who are emerging as an expert in a specific skill set, business area or product but who remain focused primarily on daily execution
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. We are implementing the Vaccine Pass in accordance with the guidance of the HKMA, effective April 1, 2022. All Citi staff will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption to enter Citi premises. To comply with this, the successful candidate must be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption. Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Loan Agency Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting