Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
The main objectives of this position are to prepare in-depth macro and market research for the Economic Research and Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA) process and to collaborate with Group Investment Consulting Unit to manage communications and activities related to business units. Roles and Responsibilities
Financial and Non-Financial Measures:
- Produce regular economic and market publications such as macro and market outlook and asset class strategies to the whole investment platform as an input to various investment processes and sharpen the communication materials developed by the Investment Consulting Unit to key internal stakeholders including senior management
- Coordinate the preparation of recommendation on tactical asset allocation strategies with both front and middle office and collaborate with business unit to run the TAA process effectively
- Contribute to the process of determining expected returns and other relevant indicators for portfolio optimization across asset classes through performing data analytics and relevant researches. Building data analytical tools and sourcing relevant data are considered as part of the contribution
- Take a leading role in the interaction with the investment team in business units on economic and market related collaborations such as mobilizing group research resources to provide necessary economic and market insights to BU
- Provide research over various asset classes and investment strategies relevant to the ICU goals and priorities such as asset allocation planning
- Provide ad hoc support to the Investment Consulting team as well as other stakeholders
- Produce relevant macro and market researches with good quality on a timely basis
- Total return of TAA performance against benchmark
- Quality of communications and process administration
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Colleagues in the Investment Consulting Unit and other functions of Group Investment. Business Unit and Asset Management Company Investment teams
- Banks, brokers, independent research and data providers
Reporting Structure and Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities
- Min. 8 year of working experience with at least 5 year relevant experience in an Investment Research/Economist role
- In-depth knowledge of MS Powerpoint and Excel; Programming skills such as Python is a plus Excellent communication skills in Mandarin and English Bachelor or higher degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration Professional qualification such as CFA is preferred
- Reporting to Director of Asset Allocation, the position is an individual contributor and is expected to work closely with other roles in the Investment Consulting.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.