Management Associate - Asia LEAD Program
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Manulife LEAD
(Leadership, Experience, Advocacy, and Development) is a future-focused graduate development program that offers business rotational assignments, social learning, and advocacy experience.
The LEAD graduate program aims to attract and develop a pipeline of digitally-minded and trained millennial talent with the potential for either a General Management and/or business leadership career pathway trajectory.
- Provides a multi-faceted learning and development experience for entry level talent to advance into future leadership roles aligned to our corporate vision, mission, strategic priorities and brand values
- Develop skills for individuals that aspire towards a career in general management and support the growth of our global business
- Supports future leaders with establishing a powerful internal network to advance their careers within the organization
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree holder
- Open to candidates with less than 2 years of work experience
- Must be fluent in the English language
- We're looking for well-rounded, digitally minded, and customer-focused leaders, who have previously engaged in social work and extra-curricular activities
- Eligible to apply for work permit in mainland China, Hongkong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan or Vietnam
- Candidate Shortlisting
- Online Numerical and Verbal Assessment
- HR Interview
- Business Case Presentation
- Online Leadership Assessment
- Panel Interview
- Background Check
- Job Offer
LEAD is an 18-month graduate program where Management Associates complete the following:
• Regional Orientation and Induction- spend the first few days with member of Manulife's Executive team visiting our Hong Kong Regional Office to better understand our business, strategy and values
• Business Rotations - Complete (3x) 6-month rotations both within your local market and also working on assignment overseas to experience another market first-hand.
• Community project - during the program create and pitch a business case for a community cause that you might wish to support.
• Development weeks - undertake an exclusive series of classroom learning and experiential programs sponsored by Manulife senior executives to help you develop core business skills
• Access to Mentors and Buddies - Benefit from being assigned a Mentor (typically a senior leader) to help you with your career and personal development and well as business buddies to help you navigate our global organization
• Graduation into a business position - all program graduates are offered final placement into management positions aligned to business and career interests. Connect with our team!
For questions and inquiries
about the LEAD graduate program, please email LEADGradProgram@manulife.com If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.