Manager- ESG- Deals Strategy & Operations- Deals- Advisory- Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Deal Strategy Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
Purpose and overall relevance for the organization:
- Take part in the growing trend of Responsible Investment, and to assist various clients on the path towards sustainable development;
- Drive continuous growth in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) in Deals;
- Expand the Company's business network through client engagement;
- Support management in leading projects, initiatives and strategy development.
- Provide transaction based ESG due diligence support to investors, including on site assessment consistent with local standards and regulatory requirements;
- Prepare ESG reports which includes but not limited to assessment on operational and compliance status, quantification of potential liability costs, and follow-up remediation estimates;
- Provide compliance and corrective implementation support, and sensible sustainable value creation advice to clients;
- Provide targeted "deep dives" on portfolio companies, including identifying material non-financial KPIs for sustainable value creation;
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data to identify ESG performance, including market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic ESG analysis, business model reviews, operations analysis and financials);
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment;
- Reporting to senior managers, associate directors, directors.
- A graduate degree in business, engineering, environmental science and/or equivalent;
- Manager shall have minimum 5-years' overall relevant working experience, with at least 2-3 years' experience in ESG consulting related services or relevant industry experience (e.g. supply chain roles). Less experience will be considered as Senior Associate;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or English, Proficiency in other languages is a plus;
- Familiarity with ESG standards such as IFC performance standards, OHSAS, ISO14001, etc. is preferred.
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date