Manager/Senior Manager - Actuarial - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Actuarial Services Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company's balance sheet or you could be revising businesses' projections and making sure they have adequate reserves. With business expansion and IFRS 17 updates, we are actively growing our Actuarial Consulting Practice in APAC market looking for talents supporting life insurance sector projects. Job Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be based inHong Kongand will be working around Asia. Will also have opportunities to work alongside senior actuaries and staff at other offices serving clients ranging from multi-international insurers and reinsurers to new start-ups. Work will involve all aspects of life insurance, including pricing, reserving, risk and capital management, M&A, modelling and other types of consulting projects.
- Lead large scale client engagements. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
- Generate new business opportunities. Understand PwC and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all PwC practices to serve client needs.
- Demonstrate deep actuarial technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge. Possess in-depth business acumen. Remain current on new regulations concerning the Insurance industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex actuarial concepts, discuss complex issues with the engagement team and client management, keep informed of professional standards and firm policies (e.g., Actuarial Standards of Practice), and effectively apply this knowledge to client situations.
- Maintain a reputation as an industry expert by writing articles, taking a leadership role within industry groups and speaking at industry events.
- Engage in key roles of actuarial advisory projects related to risk management, valuation and reporting, modeling, and others;
- Perform and manage EV, Solvency II, IFRS and local statutory actuarial audit procedures for Asia Operations of multinational insurance companies; and Actively participate in business development activities including the preparation of proposals and presentations.
Candidates with less working experience will be considered as Manager or Senior Associate. PwC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC
- University education or above majored in actuarial sciences or equivalent and Actuarial Fellowship qualification;
- Knowledge of Market Consistent Embedded Value, Economic Capital, Solvency II and IFRS 17 is a plus;
- Knowledge of Prophet Professional and Prophet Enterprise is a plus;
- Strong marketing, client management and project management skills;
- Proactive, ambitious and has the drive to see through an idea from concept stage to implementation;
- Skilled user of at least one type of actuarial software, preferably Moses, Prophet or Axis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good influencing skills and leadership potential
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Well organized and a team leader
- Attained an internationally recognized actuarial qualification
- Financial reporting, enterprise risk management and capital management related experience is a plus
- Strong relationship building, client management and project management skills
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin a plus.
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date