Manager - Emerging Technology - FS Advisory - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Application & Emerging Technology Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
To stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our business lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you will work as part of a team, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Advise clients on data and AI framework and strategy
- Assist clients in developing analytics capability and transforming into data driven organisations;
- Design and conduct AI training programs with use cases applicable to financial institutions;
- Support development of AI models based on Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, cognitive RPA and other relevant technologies;
- Perform Big Data platform and infrastructure Design particularly on relevant open sources technologies;
- Stay up to date with the data analytics and AI trends and demonstrate insights into business implications;
- Collaborate with cross-functional team within the PwC network and technology providers to pursue business opportunities;
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Data Science, Statistics, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing data analytics and AI functions in financial institutions or professional firms. Candidate with less experience will be considered as Senior Associate.
- Proven track record in end-to-end machine learning model development experience with tensor flow or other framework/tools
- Proven experience in implementing any of the following software package
- Machine Learning Tools: Python, R, MATLAB, SAS, Tensorflow, Azure Machine Learning Studio , AWS ML Services, KNIME etc.
- Big Data & Data Processing Management: Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra, Apache Drill, Cloudera, AWS RedShift, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Lake Store, etc.
- Detail oriented with strong sense of ownership
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to train and develop staff, manage project budgets, and develop strong client relationships
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with excellent command of verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin/Cantonese is essential.
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required Skills Optional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date