Manager - Freelance Facilitator (Cantonese Speaking) - The Difference - Experience Consulting - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Experience Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. The Opportunity
We are looking for a "Front of the Room" facilitator who is a native Cantonese speaker, based in Hong Kong, interested in engaging with us on a freelance basis.
At PwC's "The Difference" Experience Consulting we help businesses, not-for-profits and government to create value and improve the way they work. Whether financial services, digital transformations, to service design and product innovation we design collaborative and innovative approaches and solutions to complex problem business issues.
AtPwC's The Difference, we facilitate a process using foundations of the MG Taylor methodology to bring together the right people, information, environment and context in a way that encourages productivity, creativity and group genius. By embedding our methodology and capability within our clients' projects or business we build alignment and engagement that accelerates problem solving from months to days. Key Responsibilities
As a freelance facilitator you will be supporting and leading event days that align with the scope, design and delivery of complex, multi-stakeholder engagements, in an environment that enhances and encourages creativity and collaboration.
You will typically be working with a collaboration designer, the client design team (sponsors) and a team of knowledge workers to deliver collaborative engagements of a variety of formats, size and complexity. As a Facilitator you require Collaborative leadership style
- Works well with the team and creates an environment that is fostering input and creativity, respects ideas for event design and delivery from all team members. Understands all roles and the impact of decisions across the team. Ability to unpack the problem -
Ability to unpack a business problem, explore the possibilities and identify the appropriate scope and objectives Lead sponsor meetings
- Ability to scope and design an event together with the sponsors and run an effective sponsor meeting process and manage a team of stakeholders through a conversation process to get to the required outcomes (i.e. necessary scoping elements) Coach the sponsors
- Coach the sponsors through the design phase of an event and during the event (e.g. by sharing past experiences of similar events/experiences) Expertise in event design
- Use the models, patterns, and MG Taylor resources to structure an experience for the participants that enables them to reach their objectives Personal presence
- Ability to 'hold' the room and have the attention of the participants. Develops a genuine connection with the group. Able to establish authority among senior stakeholders. Effective transitions and agility
- Clearly introduce an exercise, how it ties to the work already done and to the overall objectives. Ability to shed light on a particular issue that has been raised or something the group is struggling with by use of a model, story, or further questioning. Ability to recognise when to let the group tal k and when to move them along and at times course correct the event design during delivery. Culturally Adaptive
- Hong Kong is a multi-cultural city that is focused on international partnerships and growth with China. Ability to navigate the nuances, priorities, and linguistic challenges of various stakeholders in a rapidly changing context. Knowledge and Interests
- Language Requirements: Native Cantonese, Fluent English, Conversational Putonghua
- Related Industry Experience: Financial Services, Luxury Retail, Hospitality, Technology/Digital Services, Government Relations
- Additional Knowledge areas: Complexity Sciences, Service Design, Ethnography, Project Management, Organisational Development and Design, Supply Chain and Logistics
You have 5- 10 years' professional experience with the MG Taylor methodology and a solid background in leading complex engagements.
You are either a certified facilitator and/or an ICF credentialed coach.
You have knowledge of collaboration principles and design-thinking to shape transformational Design Forums and programs of work, across a broad spectrum of business problems and industries.
You are comfortable leading ambiguous situations, and demonstrate a balance of analytical, emotional and creative intelligence while working together with your clients and colleagues.
You're passionate about aligning people, getting them to results.
You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
- Are organised and effective, with a service-oriented approach
- Demonstrate an ability to work with different behavioral styles and situations
- Are a lifelong learner who is curious about the world around them
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date