Manager - Risk Consulting - Finance Advisory - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Risk Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Market Risk Management
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Valuation and Treasury Risk Management
- Developing market risk management strategies and framework, including but not limited Market Risk Appetite and Market Risk Capital and Limit Framework. Experience in Basel II.5 IMA implementation or Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB) is highly preferred
- Developing policies, processes and organization structures that supports effective market risk management
- Conducting model validation on market risk models and valuation models for financial instruments. Knowledge in exotic or structured derivatives valuation and VaR/ ES models is preferred
- Implementation of common market risk / Treasury management systems (e.g. Murex, RiskManager, Kondor+ or Numerix) and relevant implementation/ operation experience is preferred
- Experience in regulations implementation and system enhancement project is preferred.
- Proficient in data operation and financial modelling tools: SQL, R or Excel VBA
- Developing and validating valuation models with advanced mathematical program/ coding for various financial products including but not limited to plain vanilla derivatives and structured or exotic derivatives (e.g. Accreting Bermudan swaption, CMS Swap, Range Accrual Note, etc.)
- Developing and reviewing valuation policies and procedure such as valuation adjustment (ie. XVA, CVA, FVA etc.), independent pricing validation (IPV), bid offer reserve and fair value hierarchy etc.
- Providing valuation and quantitative support to both internal and external stakeholders. Knowledge in different financial pricing models (e.g. Stochastic Volatility Model, Local Volatility Model, Black model, Hull white model) is essential.
- Experience of economic or statistical projection techniques (e.g. time series, Logistic regression is preferred.
- Understanding common practices and regulatory requirement on various treasury and balance sheet management function is preferred. For example, Counterparty credit risk (CCR), Interest rate risk in banking book (IRRBB), Liquidity risk, Asset and liability management (ALM) and Fund transfer pricing (FTP) etc.
- Developing model risk governance framework and review the model risk controls and procedure
You will also:
Required qualification and skills
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred qualification and skills
- Bachelor degree or above in Finance or quantitative discipline, preferably major in Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Risk Management. Advanced postgraduate degrees is an advantage.
- Knowledge of
- Exotic or structured derivatives valuation and VaR / ES models;
- Financial risk management concept including market risk, counterparty credit risk, interest rate and liquidity risk, credit risk
- Strong technical skills with high level of coding inclination and proficiency in Excel VBA, Python, Matlab, C#, R or SQL
- Qualify member of CFA, FRM, CQF, QRM is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent independent research skills and high degree of drive; and ability to multi-tasking with good attention to detail and judgement on prioritisation
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative research or risk management capacity
- Knowledge of
- Common market risk / treasury management systems (e.g. Murex, RiskManager, Kondor+, Bloomberg or Numerix) and relevant hands-on implementation / operation experience;
- Different financial products (fixed income, equity and other complex financial instruments)
- Experience in
- Market risk, counterparty credit risk or/and other financial risk management
- Basel II.5, Basel III FRTB or related regulations implementation and treasury/ risk system enhancement project
- Valuation, product control, ALM or/and other treasury finance function
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required Skills Optional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date