Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Risk and Data Analytics
- Support business and strategy development for the Risk and Data Analytics landscape through new technology innovations and digital transformation
- Support the implementation of overall risk and capital management solutions for financial institutions, including but not limited to enterprise risk management framework, Basel planning and implementation, credit assessment and portfolio monitoring, operational risk management, ICAAP implementation, stress testing, ESG/climate risk
- Develop, validate and review credit risk models, including Basel IRB models, IFRS 9 ECL models, stress testing models, alternative scoring models, etc., using both traditional and alternative data and methodologies
- Understand clients’ IT infrastructure and business model for the execution of Risk and Data Analytics platform, and identify improvement areas on internal control, cost savings, corporate efficiency and revenue generation
- Perform data mining, data cleansing and big data analytics with the use of AI to support clients’ business decisions and improve their performance
- Collaborate with vendors and technology providers to formulate risk and data services to support clients’ business
- Support the risk and data analytics coaching, training and knowledge sharing within the team.
You will also
- Work closely with clients and stakeholders to understand the business requirements and identify solutions for the project
- Support sales initiatives, develop proposals and present with clients
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Statistics, Risk Management, Mathematics, Economics, Quantitative Finance; Master degree holder will be given priority
- Qualified member of CFA, FRM is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in banks/insurance companies, rating agencies, management consulting firms
- Good knowledge of the following areas
- Banking business and risk management process
- Risk modelling and risk and data analytics
- Credit risk, IFRS 9 and capital management
- BCBS/HKMA/CBIRC/PRA requirements on Basel-related topics
- Experience in credit risk modelling, model validation, IFRS 9 implementation, stress testing, limit setting and loan pricing, portfolio management and ICAAP/capital adequacy assessment
- Understanding on the following topics is a plus:
- Advanced modelling and machine learning methodologies (e.g. gradient boosting, neural network)
- Sustainability strategy and ESG / climate and environmental risk management
- Operational risk management
- Excellent independent research skills and high degree of drive; and ability to multi-tasking with good attention to detail and judgement on prioritization
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proved experience in using statistical software (e.g. Python, SAS, R)
- Ability to translate client issues into solutions that address complex situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin/Cantonese is essential
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law.