Manager/ Assistant Manager, Data Cleansing (contract)
About Dah Sing Group
The Dah Sing Group is a leading financial services group in Hong Kong offering banking, insurance, financial and other related services through its growing network of over 70 branches in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China.
Our currency is caring, teamwork and progressiveness. We accept that everyone is unique and different in talent, but alike in the capacity for growth. Our task is to shape a culture that creates a sense of pride in achieving something beyond just a job, and an environment where you can be your true and authentic self, like at home.
Reporting to the Head of General Banking Support, Customer Information Maintenance, you will be responsible to improve and ensure the data quality of customer information by implementing data structure and relevant procedures and guidelines; drive data cleansing exercise; work with relevant IT project teams to assure the ongoing data quality on IT systems.
- Perform overall planning and formulating strategies covering the analysis, investigation and rectification of irregular data problems found in banking application systems
- Liaise with business units and technical teams regarding the formulation of data quality standard and data cleansing approach and cleansing priorities
- Analyze user and system requirements and set direction, guidelines and procedure of data quality standard
- Co-ordinate with data cleansing team to conduct data cleansing exercise
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of the conformance with the data quality management procedures and guidelines
- Work with all IT project teams and/or solution providers to implement data quality business rules and data structure
- Prepare management reports regarding the overall progress of data cleansing
- Conduct presentation to business counterparts and user regarding the data management issues
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or related disciplines
- Minimum 6 years' experience in IT industry with at least 3 years in data related analysis and design and data cleansing and/or related application development projects
- Exposure in banking sector is a must
- Good understanding in related banking applications, practice and regulations
- Solid data cleansing experience in Core Banking system revamp project
- General understanding in data quality improvement, data management processes and business intelligence application is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel formula and functions, experience in VBA is a plus
- Good communication skills in Cantonese and English, with Putonghua an advantage
- Good presentation skills and confident to deal with various business stakeholders independently
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.