Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities:
To provide: (i) KYC and on account opening for new corporate customers from end to end, (ii) to manage portfolios of assigned new account application, achieve new client acquisition target with reasonable turnaround time (iii) assistance to Team Head on approval of account opening
- Receive account opening leads from different referrals sources including IBG 3 & 4 and via online submission
- Supervise KYC Officers contact prospect corporate customers to conduct Know Your Customer (KYC) and arrange account opening.
- Understand business activity and obtain business proof to ascertain activity is legitimate and consistent as declared by prospect corporate customer
- Obtain documents to identify and verify the corporate customer and its connected parties according to the Bank's Customer Due Diligence Standards
- Proceed with enhanced customer due diligence as and when required e.g. establish or collaborate Source of Wealth (SOW), understand rationale of complex structure, prepare evaluation from for specific client types
- To identify and escalate cases with potential red flags on possible fraudulent application
- To approve cases submitted by KYC officers or to endorse recommendation for approval by Team Head.
- Follow up with customers on outstanding documents in a proactive manner, minimize the turnaround time.
- Manage KYC officer's portfolio to achieve new account application target on a week to week basis; enable business for new customer acquisition
- To supervise and own the progress and quality of KYC and account opening of KYC officers; provide guidance and instruction to complete the new account application in a timely manner
- To motivate and drive teams to effectively maintain accounts quality.
- To conduct knowledge sharing and coaching to new members and to the team as and when necessary
- To liaise and work with internal departments/ RMs/ CSO to facilitate a smooth delivery of customer service and to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ensure all administrative & operations works are completed on timely manner
- Ensure compliance of mandatory banking processes
- To participate the rollout of business initiatives and transformation project.
- Minimum 5 years' working experience in banking industry within which 3 years in relevant role preferably with people management skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of AML/CFT risk and to be customer focus.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate with customers and internal stakeholders effectively.
- Concern for data accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Good product & process knowledge. Excellent leadership and coaching skill.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office including Excel.
- Good multi-tasking skills and ability to work independent and under pressure.
- Proficiency in both English and Cantonese. Mandarin is highly preferred.