Through helping other organizations mitigate risks and grasp opportunities, we can drive positive, sustainable change for clients, our people and society at large.
KPMG member firms operate in 153 countries, collectively employing more than 207,000 people, serving the needs of business, governments, public-sector agencies, not-for-profits and through member firms' audit and assurance practices, the capital markets. KPMG is committed to quality and service excellence in all that we do, bringing our best to clients and earning the public's trust through our actions and behaviours both professionally and personally.
We lead with a commitment to quality and consistency across our global network, bringing a passion for client success and a purpose to serve and improve the communities in which member firms operate. In a world where rapid change and unprecedented disruption are the new normal, we inspire confidence and empower change in all we do.
We are proud to be have won the "Best Companies to Work for in Asia - China" awarded by HR Asia Media for the past consecutive years. About the role
This position represents a manager role in our Markets Team, specifically the sector development for the New Economy sector and activities. The member in this role support the management and delivery of our account/channel management programme, focused on developing business relationships with targets, and converting them into business opportunities for KPMG.
The objective is to represent the full range of KPMG services, and develop and maintain profitable business relationships across key targets. In addition to strong knowledge, you will need to learn and understand our clients' needs and KPMG's opportunities across different industries.
We are looking for self-starters with a sense of personal responsibility for managing the sector as well as managing accounts. You demonstrate outstanding relationship-building skills across the firm and within the global network, as well as with important players in the sector as well as executives at relevant clients. Responsibilities Highlights:
Details: 1. Business Development / Sector Planning / Account Planning and Management
- Work with the Head of New Economy to drive and increase KPMG's market share in Hong Kong's New Economy ecosystem
- Manage and coordinate New Economy strategic initiatives to achieve set upon targets and goals
- Make sure to know about current New Economy market developments - e.g. venture deals, events / forums
- Drive business development (develop new leads & relationship, pipeline management)) initiatives with key New Economy ecosystem players - e.g. start-ups, investors, incubators & accelerators
- Support development of client proposals / pitches and presentation materials
2. Relationship/Pipeline Management
- Manage a target portfolio which includes detailed relationship matrix and plans, industry and account business issues and an ongoing pipeline of opportunities
- Have an understanding of priorities on key account management goals and works with the team to implement strategic growth goals and objectives
- Facilitate in the business development, strategy and execution for both internal meeting and external key client deliverables including pursuit documents, credential lists, meeting agendas, etc.
- Understanding of KPMG-wide services, solutions, thought leadership to determine which programs, events and initiatives would be relevant to the client
- Support priority accounts and follow up to key activities required as part of account planning
- Support the account plan, ensuring disciplined outcomes, with the Client Service Team (CST) around contacts, pipeline management, pursuit conversion and events
- Work with team to develop and track the client relationship strategy, and plan touch point actions to strengthen relationships
- Develop an understanding of services and solutions to determine which initiatives would be of relevance and importance to key stakeholders/decision makers
- Serve as a coach in account management and any reporting functions (i.e. dashboard, market updates)
- Help identify business opportunities for account teams through understanding of client imperatives and marketing initiatives
- Build an effective internal firm wide network that enables the role holder to bring the most appropriate expertise to bear, on individual clients' needs
- Provide logistic and administrative support for the execution of account management and pursuits activities
- Provide pursuit support with existing pursuits teams and/or develop/manage pursuit best practice to meet help us differentiate KPMG to our Clients
- Capturing key actions and minutes of meetings and ensuring next steps are followed up
- Producing reports and presentations to provide key updates on contacts, follow-up, pipeline, wins and revenue
- Desktop research to support the account teams and working with various groups to obtain key information for the account.
Team and reporting lines
- University graduate with a minimum 5 years' relevant experience
- Experience within the New Economy & Life Science sector
- Knowledge and insights in the China Market
- Background in a professional services organisation would be an advantage
- Strong organizational skills, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working and resilient
- Self-driven and creative with the ability to take on multiple activities and tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with flexibility to adapt to different working styles of senior stakeholders
- Strong Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS office suite is essential
- Chinese (Mandarin) and fluent English is a must for this role
- You will be part of our Markets Team
- You will directly report to the Head of New Economy
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.