Manager Cash & Payment Operations -Virtual Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience!
The Role Responsibilities
You will be in the development squad to support the designs and setup of the payment end-to-end process and the corresponding operation model and to ensure they are being run in a timely and efficient manner. You will have the opportunity to support the creation of the infrastructure of the payment process for a digital-only Bank. Keeping abreast of the latest technologies, you will continue to seek for ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies and provide the world-class digital payment services to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support the overall setup of the infrastructure and process of the payment service for the virtual bank, which includes the digital-only domestic inter-bank fund transfer and the international payment platform.
- Review and integrate the knowledge of the existing payment infrastructure with the latest technologies, regulatory requirement and latest market trend (e.g. QR Code payment/collection, addressing schemes, etc.)
- Support the process of design and setup the 24-hour automated operational process for both the domestic and international payment activities.
- Assist on building and managing the control process in accordance with the internal and external policies and regulations, which includes the sanctions and related screening, daily monitoring and exceptions handling mechanism.
- Be involved in monitoring the daily cash flow of the nostro account and the funding position for Treasury based on the policies set out by the Treasury Team.
- Partner with the Operational Risk Team to establish the risk management framework for payment and ensure the execution of the framework.
- Assist on the preparation of the regular reporting of performance index, escalations, and risk items.
- Support the continuous process improvement for operations excellence to ensure the Bank is at the forefront of the Payment business, according to the latest market trend and technology.
- Develop effective relationship, work closely with the business and functional stakeholders to deliver the team and Bank's strategy.
- Relevant experience in retail or commercial banking payment services, with exposure in existing payment infrastructure, latest mobile wallet technologies (e.g. addressing schemes, QR codes) and backend payment operation support
- Solid knowledge on FPS, RTGS, SWIFT and/or related settlement systems and payment infrastructure
- Strong retail banking background and/or experience in cash management, connecting and interacting with the key local clearing organization(s) is highly preferred
- Proven experience and capabilities in overseeing and mitigating operational risk, and driving control activities
- Ability on attending to imminent operational issues around the clock for ad-hoc investigation and problem solving
- Open mindset to embrace the new payment technologies and the new ways to operate
- Hands-on to take up responsibility and solve problem for the team, and actively support your supervisor
- Able to work with different cultures, good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.