Manager, DPP Accounting
The accounting team of KPMG's Department of Professional Practice (DPP) is responsible for establishing the Firm's technical positions on financial reporting issues and developing intellectual resources to support the consistent performance of quality engagements. DPP's major activities include responding to consultations, performance of pre-issuance reviews and development and/or review of technical materials and related training on financial reporting topics. It also interacts with international and local standard setters and regulators, as appropriate, on financial reporting matters.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, to join the accounting team of Department of Professional Practice. Responsibilities
- Keep up-to-date on latest financial reporting developments and assist in developing KPMG positions on interpretative issues and identifying emerging issues
- Handle technical accounting queries under supervision
- Assist in the development of guidance including the KPMG flagship publications, and the review of training material and publications for technical accuracy
- Assist in the implementation processes on quality management
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university and a qualified accountant preferred
- Minimum five years of recent audit experience, preferably with a large audit firm
- Working knowledge of Hong Kong and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (HK/IFRSs) with demonstrated passion for contributing to audit quality improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to research accounting issues in a wide variety of topics under HK/IFRSs
- Strong business awareness and an ability to identify accounting issues arising from commercial transactions
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task and self-confidence to work collaboratively and independently in a culture-rich and fast-changing environment
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.