Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC’s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Manager, Data and Analytics. Principal Responsibilities
- The role holder will focus on using Data & Analytics to drive business activities and outcomes that improve or transform:
- Customer experience
- Staff productivity
- Business decision process
- Operational effectiveness
- The above would in turn improve business profitability and grow market share following RBWM strategies
The role holder will have these activities:
- Support one or more key activities described under “Impact on the Business”
- Support engagement with stakeholders
- Work activities against specific missions amongst the tribe(s)
- Work across onshore and offshore units
- The role holder will be successful provided he/she:
- Clearly understands the business objectives and processes where analytical functions are best positioned to add value
- Supports to form relevant hypotheses and identifies the most effective data, analytics or data product solutions
- Supports to uncover insight from data and recommend to stakeholders the analytics solutions for delivering business outcome
- Exhibits ability in strategic story-telling demonstrating through the provision of analytics insight and the design of the user interface of advanced visualization toolkits
- Adopts different analytical approaches to solve the business problems
- Engages business stakeholder effectively, builds rapport and trust based on strong appreciation of business issues / needs. Communicates effectively across business and analytical functions
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Master degree or above in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or other engineering majors
- In-depth understanding of fundamental Machine Learning algorithms, and strong willing to code is a must
- Possess 4 to 8 years’ experience in one or multiple skills in data analytics or data science in the financial or digital domains. Or similar experience in analytics consulting. Or similar experience with UI/UX designs relating to self-serve dashboards
- Proven experience in process and analysis of large amount of data using Python and SQL; on environments such as AWS, Google cloud or Hadoop
- Proven experience in hands-on Machine Learning model end-to-end build, training, tuning, testing and deployment
- Familiar with one or more MLOps or DevOps tooling: Airflow, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Ansible
- Exhibit self-motivated, self-starter behaviours. Good communicator and interpersonal skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.