Manager, Fund Operation
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Manager, Fund Operation with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years relevant experience in financial services industry
- Possess good knowledge on fund administration and valuation of investment product (especially NAV calculations and fee calculations)
- Adeptness in usage of Excel (knowledge of formulas, pivots table)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work productively with multiple parties at all different levels
- Sound analytical and organizational skills are highly valuable
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese
- Experienced in using Bloomberg is a plus
- Knowledge in VBA or related programming languages is an advantage
- Ability to work adaptably and independently within the growing business
Our commitment to you
- Supervise a team of 4 members to monitor on daily fund administration and valuation for fund-of-funds investment products (including trade order placing, daily settlement of executed trades and NAV calculations)
- Assist in reviewing and updating internal control policies and procedures on fund administration
- Coordinate with different parties (including external and internal auditors, other departments) in carrying out the interim, annual and SOX audit for fund operation
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external parties (including Fund managers, transfer agents, Product development team, IT team) on key strategic initiatives including new products / funds launch and operational system changes or upgrades
- Coordinate with IT and overseas system service provider to lead on regular system enhancement of fund order and valuation system (including perform User Acceptance Test) to improve operational efficiency
- Perform ad-hoc assignments and projects if necessary.
- Assume a level of responsibility in providing guidance for junior team members
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .