Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Commercial Banking - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
Hang Seng's Commercial Banking business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Manager, GTRF Control Office. Principal responsibilities
- Ensure Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) has a robust and compliant Business Risk Control capability across all GTRF areas in accordance with Group standards pertaining to Operational risk;
- Ensure appropriate "first line of defense" oversight and governance in GTRF, and provide dedicated support to the Head of GTRF, the risk owner in risk governance, conduct and behavior control and monitoring, audit requirements management, "first line of defense" reporting, facilitation of BIRO, Operational Resilience, Record Management programmes etc.;
- Strengthen, ensure and monitor the effectiveness of "first line of defense" control within GTRF and pro-actively identify risk exposure and resolution/ remediation;
- Ensure the controls are operating effectively through coordination/collaboration with country, regional and global GTRF teams;
- Continuously reassess risks inherent in the business, ensure all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, address areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues; and also ensure that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion;
- Oversee the production of risk and control management reports and articulating the findings and recommendations to relevant senior audiences
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or related disciplines;
- Minimum of 5 years' banking experience, preferably with exposure to business risk and control management, trade finance, commercial banking business and knowledge of related regulatory requirements and internal guidelines;
- Strong attentiveness to detail, compliance and control orientation;
- Experience in project management is preferable;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with knowledge of application software such as MS Word, Power Point and Excel;
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese;
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.