Responsible for leading the team in respect of month-end closing, annual and interim statutory reporting, as well as providing any ad hoc and regular financial analysis/statutory reports, board meeting materials and management reports on timely basis as requested by the Top Management, major shareholders and regulatory authorities. This role reports to the Section Head of Financial Control.
- Take charge of the month-end closing process including production of the respective monthly performance and control reports for review by the Top Management
- Handle annual and interim statutory reporting
- Review and prepare any ad hoc and regular financial analysis/statutory reports, board meeting materials and other management reports on timely basis as requested by the Top Management, major shareholders of the Bank and regulatory authorities
- Liaise with both external and internal auditors and assist in providing financial information as requested
- Provide advices on financial accounting related matters to other departments, branches and subsidiaries
- Ensure the financial results and all management reports are correctly compiled from the general ledgers and other financial records / system reports, where appropriate
- Communicate the reporting requirements for both month-end closing and statutory reporting to all departments, branches and subsidiaries
- Ensure proper reconciliation of inter-company accounts and to investigate any material discrepancies noted
- Analyze and explain material variances on financial results in the course of the month-end closing process
- Monitor the performance of the Group Reporting team and ensure the subordinates can perform their assigned functions up to standard
- Handle any ad-hoc projects as requested
- Preferably university graduate in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified accountant / HKICPA or equivalent
- Preferable over 8 years’ experience in banking sector cover the following:
- At least 2 years in managerial role with solid experience in managing a team;
- Sound knowledge and experience in handling month-end closing and statutory account preparation;
- Good understanding of the Hong Kong Accounting and Financial Reporting standards;
- Experience in liaising with both external and internal auditors;
- A team player with good communication skills and risk awareness.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Cantonese, fluency in Putonghua preferred.