Manager, Independent Credit Model Validation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Demonstrate working understanding of Wholesale Credit banking business.
- Perform an independent validation of new and existing models that are used in risk management, capital requirement calculation, stress testing, etc., covering qualitative aspects (such as validation of underlying assumptions and theoretical basis of the modelling) and quantitative aspects (such as evaluation of data quality and application of relevant statistical tests).
- Manage the execution of the model validation from end-to-end, while meeting planned timelines and required internal and external standards.
- Document validation findings and communicate results to senior management through presentation to relevant committees.
- Recommend improvements in the models validated.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders the work towards timely resolution of model issues raised through model validation work, ensuring that reasonable, business-relevant resolution of issues is achieved.
- Review regulatory requirements and industry practice regarding models under his/her remit, keeping up-to-date with latest internal and industry developments.
- Assist both the Head of Model Risk Management and the Head of Model Valdation in addressing concerns or questions related to the models validated.
- Identify trends in model issues and/or model performance, for disclosure at appropriate committees.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure timely submission of model validation reports to relevant Model Assessment Committee and Model Assessment Forum, while ensuring that model meets applicable model governance requirements.
- Defend the conclusions of the model validation through attendance and presentation in relevant Model Assessment Committee and Model Assessment Forum
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure that all applicable model validation requirements from HKMA are met for models to be used in SCBHK and its subsidiaries.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enterprise Risk Analytics
- Group Retail Risk
- CIB & Commercial Risk
- Group Internal Audit
- External Audit
- Regulators - HKMA, PRA, etc as applicable
- Model Risk Management
- Group Operational Risk
- At least master's level qualification in statistics, finance, applied math, econometrics or related field; relevant extended work experience can be considered as well.
- At least 5 years' experience in internal ratings-based credit risk model development and/or validation across all asset types, with focus on wholesale and commercial credit portfolios.
- Awareness of practical issues in credit portfolio management and the implementation and use of credit rating/credit scoring models.
- Successful experience in engaging stakeholders and presenting conclusions in a manner that is relevant to the audience.
- Self-motivation and high level to drive.
- Focused and organized and ability to effectively handle multiple demands.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .