The Financial Services Development Council (“FSDC”) was established by the HKSAR Government in January 2013. The FSDC engages the financial services industry of Hong Kong and formulates proposals to promote the further development of the industry and map out the strategic direction for the development of Hong Kong as an international financial centre.
The manager will report to and work in collaboration with Associate Director Market Promotion to conceptualize, develop and execute marketing communications strategies and initiatives aligned with FSDC’s mission, vision and strategic objectives.
Specifically, the successful candidate is expected to accomplish the followings:
- Full project life cycle ownership: Develop integrated campaigns using multiple channels. Manage various marketing communications projects on a day-to-day basis in collaboration with other teams and external vendors. Produce required deliverables of quality within the specified time/cost and achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Report on project progress, success criteria, metrics and performance to make continual recommendations on campaign and project optimization.
- Develop and implement relevant and compelling content and communications that position FSDC as an innovative thought leader and strategic partner, enabling the organisation to respond to industry developments in a timely and comprehensive manner through collaboration with internal and external key stakeholders, media, industry leaders and partners.
- Master FSDC’s content as the key writer and/or editor to promote its thought leadership and marketing efforts, including articles, blogs, press releases, email marketing, annual report, video scripts, and social media posts, ensuring content is smart, insightful, and well presented.
- Build network and relations with journalists and editors of global and local media.
- Handle media inquiries, arrange media interviews and pitch on FSDC’s key themes and stories that align with its mission.
- Work closely with team members to appropriately amplify thought leadership activities through social and digital channels.
- Serve as a key contact of industry associations to promote relevant marketing activities and collaborations across the financial services sector,
Perform any other duties when required.
- Bachelor degree holder or above and more than 5 years agency or in-house experience in marketing communications, public relations, and/or journalism, preferably in the financial services industry. Exposure in regional or global markets is a plus.
- A professional writer who produces clear and compelling marketing content, briefs and presentations.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage diverse activities, meet deadlines, and flexibility to changing situations and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge of different channels and platforms in particular digital and social to deliver content effectively to target audience.
- A team player who can both lead and be led. Ability to work independently as well as partnering with and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Creative thinker who can think strategically and has attention to the details.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter with energy, passion and can-do attitude at work.
- Fluent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese; good command of Putonghua is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in computer knowledge and skills, including MS Office and Chinese word processing. Knowledge in multimedia production is an advantage.
Terms of Appointment & Package
Appointment will be offered on 3 years fixed-term contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please send, in not more than four pages altogether, a letter of application and a curriculum vitae setting out the details of qualifications, previous work experience, current and expected salary by clicking Apply or email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24 June 2021. Applicants not invited for an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call 2493 1313.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment related purposes. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after 6 months from the close of application.