The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To anticipate the changing mortgage market needs and to initiate processing innovation to strengthen the Bank's competitive position in the mortgage market.
- To safeguard the Bank's interest on securing documentation for the credit facilities by maintaining an duel control among the mortgage operations teams.
- To handle special projects on new mortgage products and on-going operation to retain the Bank's existing customers and attract new target customers.
- To provide a high quality and reliable support and advice to various stakeholders (including product, Sales, etc) on the mortgage related queries and matters.
- To streamline workflow and procedures and introduce automation process in order to cope with the ever changing needs of the market and ongoing expansion of businesses.
People and Talent
- To ensure the Letter of Offer and Disbursement of those loan products are enforceable and strengthen the position and interest of the Bank.
- To provide full operational support to various business initiatives as driven by Value Streams and/or other service delivery channels
- To manage the teams to ensure high quality of service, effective risk control and efficient operation are maintained at reasonable cost.
- To balance and to allocate suitable manpower and resources for different business seasons according to marketing conditions and needs.
- To assist in coordinating, facilitating, and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR in the teams.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business, Sales & Branch Channel
- Retail, Priority & Business Banking
- Product Team
- Service Delivery / Fulfilment Teams
- Customer Assistance
- Credit Initiation
- Operations Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Finance Division
- Legal and Compliance
- Customer Relations / Service Quality / CEPG
- Information System
- Group Technology / ATOS Origin / Salmat
- System & Support
- Solicitor & law firms
- Valuation companies
- Insurance Companies
- Mortgage loan-sub-participation and securitization investors
- Outsourced vendors
- GBS (Chennai, TJ & KL hub)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Hong Kong Mortgage Corporations
- Hong Kong Housing Authority
- Hong Kong Housing Society
- Hospital Authority
- Government Treasury
- Trade and Industry Department
- Rent & Rate Department
- Small Claim Tribunal
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Trans Union / CCRA
About Standard Chartered
- Microsoft Office Excel, English and Chinese typing
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers