Manager, Trustee and Fiduciary Services - HSBC Securities Services
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Trustee and Fiduciary Services
. Principal responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of pension clients with main focus on trustee roles, overseeing the terms of references of assigned retirement schemes and make sure the Scheme are managed in compliance with the terms of references and relevant regulatory landscape
- Act as focal contact point to clients and internal departments for issues in relation to fiduciary duties of trustee
- Maintain good relationship with existing clients by offering advice and support to pension employers and providing quality services in a timely and professional manner
- Improve client and market positioning by building professional image
- Assist in answering clients' enquiries including but not limited to legal, operation, regulatory requirements on ORSO schemes
- Work closely with internal stakeholders on the interpretation of rules and clauses of Trust Deed to achieve smooth and efficient operation
- Provide coaching and technical support to team members with latest product knowledge and relationship management skills
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University graduate with a degree in business administration or related discipline
- Solid experience in the pension fund industry with a good understanding of the regulations and administration of MPF and ORSO schemes, supervisor experience is essential
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Good Stakeholder management, presentation and negotiation skills to deal with internal and external clients
- Confident and capable of developing and maintaining a good working relationship with clients
- Proactive, independent, highly motivated and achievement-oriented
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, fluency in Mandarin is preferable
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.