Manager / Associate Director, Strategy & Performance (Deals Pillar)
KPMG China operates in 24 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories, and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG's Deal Advisory advises a wide range of clients on M&A transactions, from leading private equity and real estate funds, multinational corporations and public interest entities, to small size private companies. Our specialists provide strategic and financial advice on raising capital, helps with decisions on where to invest, uncovers new opportunities, and provides rigorous M&A support pre, during and post-deal. We help our clients identify opportunities and risk in their acquisitions, disposals, JVs and buy-outs.
KPMG China's Strategy & Performance (S&P) works with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic and performance needs across the economic and transaction cycles. Our mission is to provide insights, knowledge and support to our clients to help them make positive decisions which are value enhancing. We are looking to attract, coach and retain exceptional talent to help us achieve our mission.
S&P is organized across five business pillars:
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Government & Infrastructure
Operating as one team across China, we work closely with a wide range of organizations from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. Key Responsibilities
Play a key role in delivering Integrated Due diligence and Value Creation engagements, leading smaller engagements and workstreams of larger engagements, from inception to completion, which will involve:
Key Experience & Skills Required
- Hypothesis generation, data request lists, client management, team management, delivery of high-quality output.
- Able to coach junior members on all elements of delivery including storyboarding, deep analytics approaches, and specific expertise in one of the core legs of commercial, operational or digital
Sustain a reputation for delivery excellence in the marketplace and help grow/ build our brand
- Assist with internal capability build out, which includes; proposition development, recruitment, training, go-to-market strategy development, internal stakeholder management
- Assist with business development activities through development of proposals, pitches and point of view documents, and work with team leadership to win mandates
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience. Candidate will more experience may be considered as Associate Director.
- A degree holder
- Possess knowledge of Commercial and Operational Due Diligence and Value creation methods, tools etc. and the ability to rapidly identify value creation opportunities for businesses in their market place, thinking innovatively to think beyond traditional 'CDD and ODD', and being able to perform analysis to support the hypotheses
- Strong analytical mindset with solid problem-solving skills, understanding basic financial concepts and connections between income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle (pre-deal, deal and post-deal) and the role KPMG can play within it, with proven understanding of project delivery, value identification and deal execution
- Strong report writing skills that provide impact, present ideas clearly in a convincing manner
Working experience with visualisation tools (such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, QlikSense) is an advantage
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and balance time in a dynamic environment
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.