Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Manager and Actuary - IFRS 17. Principal Responsibilities
- Assist the implementation of the actuarial aspects of IFRS 17 for the legal entity, working with the local teams and central project team
- Perform analytical review of IFRS17 result including financial reporting, business projection, and assumption setting
- Coordinate with Finance to communicate IFRS17 result with senior stakeholder
- Ensure robustness of new models and operational efficiency of new processes and activities, such as market condition update (MCU) and forecasting
- Ensure proper control and validation in place under the new governance and control framework
- University degree in a quantitative subject with professional qualifications in actuarial sciences
- Minimum 5 years of experience with proven exposure in reporting processes and the reporting control environment
- Excellent communication, leadership and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving
- Strong self-motivation with ability of working effectively under pressure and commitment to process improvements
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.