Manager and Actuary, Product Management - HSBC Life
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager and Actuary, Product Management
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide support in delivering the financial and business analyses for managing the product portfolio of the company, which involves all line of Participating and Protection Products.
- Monitor performance indicators of the insurance products and provide recommendations on any management actions to enhance the company performance and financial healthiness.
- Prepare regular product management analyses and communicate them to key stakeholders to steer any product management actions.
- Work with business units to implement any product management actions.
- Report any potential product issues that may impact the company, distributions and customers and provide recommendation on resolutions.
- Manage the profitability, risk, capital efficiency of Hong Kong Insurance products.
- Support production of special quotations and responses to customer enquiries.
- Support the development and maintenance of the illustration tools for special quotations and bespoke policy benefit illustrations.
- Work closely with business units distributing products to ensure product management is aligned and professionally executed.
- Lead, Develop, and Train junior staffs in the Product Management team
- University Graduate within the discipline of Mathematics or Actuarial Studies
- Solid years of working experience in Actuarial functions within Life Insurance or Reinsurance settings
- Possess a qualified Actuarial Qualification
- Solid experience and proven track records in Actuarial fields, including pricing, valuation, reporting, asset liability management. Experience in Participating and Protection products is preferred.
- Solid experience and knowledge of the life insurance market in Hong Kong is preferred
- Possess strong technical expertise and capability to react quickly when new products arise or new requirements arise from the internal and external stakeholders
- Work beyond the boundaries of usual time and effort in meeting these expectations, creatively and innovatively in often addressing uniquely individual challenges in actuarial and product management
- Be equipped with strong interpersonal, customer service skills
- Be a self motivated and proactive self starter with the ability and attributes to act and perform with minimal direction or instruction
- Have strong business acumen
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.