- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Managing Director, Regional Head of Asia Pacific
Location: Hong KongBackground:
Moody's Investors Service (MIS) is facing a number of significant strategic and organizational opportunities posed by new and emerging business challenges in the Asia-Pacific region. The MD Regional Head provides leadership for the MIS business in Asia Pacific ensuring that the strategy and the capabilities to execute are in place. To this end the MD- Regional Head will:
- Develop and support the execution of our strategy to capitalize on developed and emerging capital markets across the Asia-Pacific region in collaboration with the MIS Ratings and Research groups (R&R and RRS) and Commercial Group.
- Develop an oversight and assessment process to ensure MIS managers in the region are executing their responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the Legal, Compliance and Government & Public Affairs (GPA) teams to create an environment where MIS meets regulatory requirements and provides input on regulatory developments to ensure business objectives can be met.
- Implement a consistent but locally appropriate approach to the oversight of Asia-Pacific affiliates / joint-ventures.
The individual hired for this role will:
- Support the execution of the MIS wide strategic objectives in the region and is the senior MIS representative responsible for oversight of all local office activities in the region.
- Develop, articulate and support the execution of MIS Asia Pacific regional strategies.
- Implement an oversight and assessment process to effectively ensure the Country Managers are executing their responsibilities.
- Lead regional governance to ensure an appropriate control environment is in place.
- Provide general management and facilitation of business activities in the region, such as:
- Intra-company communications,
- Cross LOB coordination and interaction,
- Facilitate market outreach and external communication,
- Provide counsel to regional managers and country managers, and
- Manage and oversee boards for MIS regulated entities and several regional corporate entities.
- Working closely with Legal, Compliance and GPA teams provide:
- Oversight of MIS regulated entities,
- Collaboration on regulatory interactions and response/positions,
- Oversight of compliance infrastructure, and
- Intermediary between Legal/Compliance/GPA and LOBs.
- Provide oversight of regional LOBs' execution of their objectives, such as:
- Supporting the LOBs in attracting, developing and retaining talent
- Evaluation of staffing levels in relation to business needs,
- Leading a coordinated approach to research and outreach in the region, and
- Creating a more efficient execution and service-oriented organization.
- Provide oversight and coordination of MIS affiliates and domestic market strategies in the region.
- Provide oversight of shared services in the region.
Required Competencies required:
- 20+ years general management and marketing leadership across a significant geographic region.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented. Market-oriented and commercially oriented.
- Credible with all market constituencies and experienced interacting with Senior Management.
- Manages relationships effectively across functions and geographies.
- Demonstrates leadership courage in making decisions with less than complete information.
- Surfaces and addresses conflict constructively.
- Exposure to and extensive knowledge of the roles and functions of Credit Rating Agency.
- Skillfully juggles competing priorities and projects.
- Executes projects effectively; (i.e., secures and organizes resources, communicates deadlines and accountabilities, monitors progress).
- Able to express his/her point of view clearly and accurately. Listens effectively to both verbal and non-verbal messages.
- Fluency in Mandarin and extensive knowledge of China markets are highly desirable.
- Minimum undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree). Likely further academic or professional qualification
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.