An International Bank in Hong Kong is looking for a Margin Analyst to be part of the Wealth Management Team!
Your new company
The Firm is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
The IWM Operations Margin team, part of Asia IWM Ops, is a growing and highly visible team responsible for exposure monitoring of complex client trading strategies for the IWM businesses
IWM Operations Margin also supports the International Wealth Management Risk function, handling the critical responsibility of daily monitoring of Market and Counterparty Risk issues.
The team provide risk support analysis on a wide range of ultra-high net-worth individuals. These clients trade a variety of strategies covering the full range of Equities, Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Commodity, OTC and Listed Derivatives products. A technical appetite is therefore critical to be successful in this business facing role
- Monitoring the margin exposure level of client portfolio
- Following up with Sales team on any margin deficit of client portfolio
- Act as escalation point for Operations & business of disputes
- Promote awareness of risk management best practices
- Capture and analyze data & advise management in developing effective mitigation steps and controls
- Ensure standardisation and consistency in risk management policies and procedures applicable to Wealth Management
- Partner with functional groups, including Legal, Compliance, Operations, Credit, Tax, FCG and IT to identify, assess and mitigate business related risks.
- Support regulatory inquiries, internal audits and compliance testing for the wealth management business
- Analyze reports and identify trends in assessing the risk of the business.
- Perform independent reviews of our business against our regulators expectation
- Prepare documentation to report and escalate to senior management trend analysis.
What you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in the banking industry
- First line of defense experience
- Product knowledge of various asset-classes including equity, fixed income, listed and OTC derivatives and banking products
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances.
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to work in a global investment bank
- The opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in a collaborative environment
- The career development opportunities
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or forward your latest resume to Kalpana.email@example.com If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career at Kalpana.Charles@hays.com.my