Qontigo is currently seeking a qualified professional to join our Market Data Services team as a full-time employee located in our Hong Kong office. In this role, the successful candidate will produce high quality value-added data, together with other financial market data for the research and application teams, and clients, using sophisticated quantitative and programming skills. The Analyst will work closely with other team members in the Development, Research, and Client Support business units.
The Analyst will be joining a highly productive entrepreneurial team, itself part of a global organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter with a strong academic background to contribute to the development, growth and enhancement of the expanding market data side of Axioma’s business.
• Deliver timely responses to clients (internal stakeholders) on market data related questions
• Serve as a point of contact for designated data vendors, managing day-to-day communication
• Collaborate with product and development teams on new data acquisition
• Proactively looks for opportunities to streamline processes wherever appropriate
• Develop algorithms and tools to support operations as well as to enrich the value of the content in the application
• Manipulate large amount of financial data and use various tools to present and analyze results
• Perform quality assurance tasks and data analysis to ensure validity of content produced and delivered to Axioma’s clients
• Assist the Sales and Client Support teams in resolving data inquiries
• Be an integral link to the overall success of Axioma's Risk Model Product Suite
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Strong quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills, detail oriented
• Good understanding of equity markets
• Candidate must possess good knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments
• Experience with SQL, Python or other object-oriented programming language, VBA, UNIX/LINUX is a plus but not essential
• Proficient in writing and speaking English and Chinese
• Ability to multi-task and manage cross-departmental projects
• Ability to work on a global team spread across multiple locations and time zones
• Availability to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule
• Willingness to work on Hong Kong public holidays on rotation basis.
• Competitive salary
• Full benefits package
• Performance-based annual bonus
Qontigo is an equal opportunity employer that offers challenging work in a supportive environment.