Marketing Specialist, Hong Kong SAR & Mainland China
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a marketing specialist to join our marketing team to implement full range of channel marketing activities for Institutional and China offshore businesses. Key types of activities span across digital content development, event management, product marketing and marketing material production. What you'll do Digital content development
Leverage digital platforms for marketing to serve client and business needs.
Events co-ordination and management
- Assist in executing content marketing plans to drive the usage of relevant digital platforms to support HK institutional and QDII/MRF businesses. (e.g. eDM & webcast)
- Collaborate with digital marketing team members to measure/ collect metrics on the online marketing activities
- Be responsible for contributing content to the social platforms such as LinkedIn.
Provide support for event planning in physical or virtual format and co-ordination in relation to client event and sponsorship.
Marketing material production
- • Hands on event co-ordination from sourcing venues, managing agreements, preparing invitation and production of event collaterals or promotional materials.
- • Liaise with internal sales team and external parties such as event agencies and hotels for logistic arrangement
- • Liaise with event co-ordinators to maximise visibility at conferences, sponsored events including compiling product and literature lists to display and demonstrate
- • On-site support for HK and China markets
- • Prepare marketing expenses/ invoices reports for record keeping
- • Support post event follow up
Provide support in production of marketing collaterals with content of most relevance and interest to audiences.
- Solid editorial skills to help generate engaging content for marketing materials such as advertorials, thought leadership materials, eDMs and other communication write-ups.
- Adaptation of overseas materials to local versions (including Simplified Chinese) for external circulation.
- Effectively manage vendors and agencies to ensure materials are produced in line with the brief. Ensuring marketing materials are complied with branding guidelines, compliance or regulatory requirements and delivered on a timely manner.
- Support Manager in product marketing campaigns and special projects as and when applicable.
- Maintain and keep a proper filing system for respective marketing materials, and approved POS by Compliance for audit purposes
- Source premiums in line with business focus and negotiate better pricing, as well as to be responsible for stock control.
- University degree in business related disciplines, preferably major in Marketing, Communications, Finance or business related disciplines
- At least 3 years of working experience in sales or marketing functions for financial institutions.
- Previous experience in asset management will be an advantage
- Solid English and Chinese language skills necessary in order to support content marketing
- Knowledge of SFC regulations on fund products and marketing materials will be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge about China financial markets will be an advantage
- Good team player and interpersonal skills
- Strong co-ordination and organization skills, able to work independently
- A dynamic character and positive learning attitude
- High level of accuracy with an excellent attention to details
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (including Simplified Chinese).
- Fluency in Putonghua is a must as this role will require you to liaise with china office
- Willing to travel to China occasionally