- Retail Cross Asset Solutions is a business within Global Investor Sales that is responsible for the sales of Capital Markets products to retail financial intermediaries including private banks, broker dealers, consumer banks, etc.
- The vast majority of the products sold to Retail Financial Intermediaries include highly structured notes issued by Citi, which have very specific requirements with respect to complex pricing & structuring, settlement across multiple Citi issuance vehicles, and multi-functional, post-trade lifecycle management.
- The Life Cycle Management Support roles will sit in the respective regional RCAS sales team and report to the RCAS Sales Heads [and matrix to the relevant Client Facilitation teams]. He/She will be responsible for supporting senior salespeople across the life cycle of the trade - from first interaction with client [auto-priced or voice RFPs] through trade execution to post-trade lifecycle management.He/She should be able and trained to book trades.
- This role will serve as point person for RCAS Sales in interfacing with key internal stakeholders including: Operations (middle office, settlements), internal & external Issuing & Paying Agents, Clearing Houses, MAG/structuring and platform; this role will also interact heavily with control areas such as Treasury, Legal, Tax and Risk. Close coordination and physical proximity to the sales teams and sales process is a requirement for the role.
- The role is designed to ultimately enhance the client experience by supporting highly complex processes and simplifying the management of the trade life cycle.Life cycle management contains a significant marketing angle as well helping draft marketing material in English or other local languages.
- The Trade Support Specialist will work on both a reactive and proactive basis to reduce operational risks/errors by providing deal support to senior sales, addressing specific events/errors, diagnosing root causes and identifying potential solutions
- Pricing support
- Understanding pricing and provide back-up and maker-checker support to senior sales
- Pricing of reverse inquiries sent by clients
- Trade capture and settlement
- Assist senior sales in closing transactions working with various internal stakeholders
- Follow up with Operations to guarantee timely booking
- Proactively liaise with custodians for trades with non-settling distributors
- Lifecycle event management
- Monitor upcoming life cycle events and ensure that payments are made on time
- Follow up with Operations and paying agent on any settlement breaks
- Evaluate invoices and manage payment process for fees to non-settling distributors
- Client on-boarding
- Work with Client Onboarding Team and the relationship manager to on-board clients
- Marketing Material
- In charge of drafting precise Marketing Material following a highly regulated frameworks
- 1-3 years of experience in Capital Markets or in Operations
- Strong understanding of Structured Products, including understanding of pricing
- Experience working in a large financial organization
- Track record of working with complex booking systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Bloomberg
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior quantitative / problem-solving skills
- In depth knowledge of the products, clients and business dynamics (flow derivatives, indices, single-stock, exotics, multi asset equity derivative products)
- Good understanding of Client Marketing needs
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) - ideally in Business, Finance or Engineering
- For some locations, fluency in native language may be required.
Job Family Group:
- Self-motivated, innovative, results-oriented individual
- Highly organized individual with special attention to detail
- Strong time management / prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines at any given time
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment, and to interact professionally with other departments
Institutional Sales Job Family:
Institutional Sales Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting