Modelling Lead, Manager/Senior Manager - Life Actuarial - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Actuarial Services Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company's balance sheet or you could be revising businesses' projections and making sure they have adequate reserves. With business expansion, we are actively growing our Actuarial Consulting Practice in APAC market looking for talents supporting life insurance sector projects. Job Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be based inHong Kongand will be working around Asia. Will also have opportunities to work alongside senior actuaries and staff at other offices serving clients ranging from multi-international insurers and reinsurers to new start-ups. Work will involve all aspects of life insurance, including pricing, reserving, risk and capital management, M&A, modelling and other types of consulting projects.
- Conduct day to day actuarial work for developing and maintaining actuarial models financial reporting and other actuarial analytic related issues
- Lead a small team of junior modellers and collaborate across the A7 with other modelling resources
- Advising changes in modelling and regulatory measures such as IFRS 17
- Apply the knowledge of Prophet to help clients design modelling environment, able to compare or contrast different modelling software and approach
Candidates with less working experience will be considered as Manager or Senior Associate. PwC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC Education
- University education or above majored in actuarial sciences or equivalent and Actuarial Fellowship qualification;
- 10+ years of Prophet modelling experience and have knowledge of other modelling softwares
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good influencing skills and leadership potential
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Well organized and a team leader
- International experience is required
- Strong relationship building, client management and project management skills
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin a plus.
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date