Monitoring and Testing Manager, Asia Pacific - Compliance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Monitoring and Testing Manager, Asia Pacific
. Principal responsibilities
- Support the Global Head Regulatory Compliance Monitoring and Testing Global Banking and Market DPA team.
- Support the Global Markets business specifically undertaking deep dive reviews in order that line management can ensure that the business is conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and codes of practice, notably US and EU regulations.
- Work closely with the Global Markets Regional Compliance, Operational Risk and Controls Offices within the wider FRB and DPA programme to deliver against milestones.
- Managing or participating in internal and external meetings on compliance related matters.
- Oversight of the ongoing applicability assessment across Global Markets of relevant regulations and the definition of binding requirements, both locally and globally in order to drive the development of policy and training to support the activities of the second Line of Defence
- Lead the implementation and oversight of policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Extensive knowledge in controls testing, assurance and audit will be preferred
- Strong IT skills including audit type workflow tools, databases and web-based applications
- Good working knowledge of Regional Compliance requirements and risk based monitoring techniques
- Understanding of HSBC governance, risk management and control frameworks
- Varied business and regulatory experience, the latter acquired via Compliance roles or time with a regulator
- Knowledge of the Global Standards Manual, Compliance Functional Instructional Manual, Compliance Officers Handbook and the relevant sections of the Operations Functional Instructional Manual
- Excellent planning, prioritization and documentation skills are essential
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self starter with a drive to deliver high quality monitoring standards
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the English language and grammar
- A proven track record of quickly acquiring new skills and expertise
- Lateral, creative thinker with good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- High level of professional and personal integrity
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.